Making Ground Combat Suck Less

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    IMHO you should be able to set if you want to come up on others NAV int the nav menu or go 'incognito' requiring people to have "radar" (Or what ever the hell we should use) array, maybe in a similar fascination as power generators, to discover you.

For personal weapons i would say first decrease the RPM of the pistol or make it semi-auto and buff its damage to 10-15.
    then add something as a carbine or assault rifle (style that is), with a moderate RPM and something like 20-30 damage á hit (5 to 4 hits to kill).
    That'd make character V character something that's a thing but to make it more in-depth i suggest:
    A long-rifle, with slow rate of fire that is and a moderately high damage of something from 34 to 50 á hit.
    A rocket/missile launcher, could possibly ignore shields as they should only destroy like 7 blocks (The one it hits and the ones directly next to hit, think the number sides on a die), would be devastating against any vehicle to would come into its limited range due to both to little propellant and inaccuracy.
    A shotgun, for pirate boarding's arrg, with a tight patten of 10 10 damage pellets. The spread shouldn't be too crazy, you should be able to deal 60+ damage at quite the distance, not only at 10 blocks distance. should also have a heavy penalty against blocks, dealing only 10-20% of its damage to them.

geothermal power is quite a good idea to give planetary defense that extra edge, could that possibly be done via connecting regular generators to the planet's core, or make a geothermal block that generates energy the closer a planet core it is?

Reaction score
    Weapons will hopefully be customizable. Buildable weapons(perhaps not a size limit, and instead goes on percentages instead of actual numbers of blocks, maybe different size options, from pistol to shoulder-held). Melee weapons would be pretty cool too, I want my SD Plasma Saber. A customizable power-armor system could go with this. You could have a high-speed, high-agility small suit (possibly with cloaking, likely the kind that's very difficult to see, not completely invisible, think KOTOR if you've played it) and an energy sword, with a jetpack configured to allow quick, high-speed "dashes". All the way up to a large, clunky suit that's more of a mech, with two heavy arm-mounted guns and a shoulder/back-mounted missile launcher, with a slower, more sustained jetpack for hovering/flying around. Either generator idea could work, I'd prefer the first one. For a sabotage, you could set the generators to overload, or manually damage/destroy them, that would be fun to watch go off. :D

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Weapons will hopefully be customizable. Buildable weapons(perhaps not a size limit, and instead goes on percentages instead of actual numbers of blocks, maybe different size options, from pistol to shoulder-held). Melee weapons would be pretty cool too, I want my SD Plasma Saber. A customizable power-armor system could go with this. You could have a high-speed, high-agility small suit (possibly with cloaking, likely the kind that's very difficult to see, not completely invisible, think KOTOR if you've played it) and an energy sword, with a jetpack configured to allow quick, high-speed "dashes". All the way up to a large, clunky suit that's more of a mech, with two heavy arm-mounted guns and a shoulder/back-mounted missile launcher, with a slower, more sustained jetpack for hovering/flying around. Either generator idea could work, I'd prefer the first one. For a sabotage, you could set the generators to overload, or manually damage/destroy them, that would be fun to watch go off. :D
    That would be cool :P. I want my Heavy armor and my double lightsabre from KOTOR too!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm thinking for guns/melee, there should be a mass limit on them, to prevent people from filling the entire space available with stuff. Higher mass on weapons should negatively affect your turning speed, amount of time before you can fire after equipping the weapon, and time it takes to raise/lower sights.

I also think that hull and decorative blocks should not weigh anything under this system, so people can freely decorate their weapons without negatively affecting their combat ability.

Reaction score
    Lecic
    A mass(or dimensions) limit would be helpful to keep from having a massive laggy mini-block gun, though the actual stats would be determined by the weapon/support/effect ratios and weapon size, and not the block counts. Size would be a slider, technically you could dual wield RPGs like pistols, but unless you have a heavy enough suit, the usability of these might be dubious at best. Holding style would be a setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If we could avoid artificial restrictions then that'd be great, for example having mass decrease the players acceleration/deceleration (and max speed when the player is affected by gravity) and the the individual parts of the weapon could have their own hit and collision boxes, so bringing a block+ long weapon into a base made of 1x2 corridors would be pretty bad.