Making boarding actions more effective

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    As it is now boarding a ship and progressing to the pilot is nil impossible so to make capturing a ship relatively intact without having to blow a massive hole to the core

So i made this to snow ball ideas together to bring about a solution

My ideas so far are.

An shield drain block once placed inside a ship you board and it will continually drain a ships shields steadily till it is at zero and placing more will drain the shields quicker allowing you to break down doors so you can reach the core or till the enemy crew breaks each block

Shields not working inside of a ship

Reaction score
    Oops. Didnt realise you posted a thread about this too wolverine. I just made another. XDhttp://starmadedock.net/threads/improved-boarding-viability.22409/

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Oops. Didnt realise you posted a thread about this too wolverine. I just made another. XDhttp://starmadedock.net/threads/improved-boarding-viability.22409/
    Lmao well i guess we could both co own ether thread on this

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I really don't see boarding as a good thing.
    Why, currently people complain about everyone hugging the home base and docking if a threat is there. Especially if as the server I play on its one man factions which should change when factions can recruit.

Boarding means to player one : I built an awesome ship, over months and I want a ship battle........ Please let's have a ship battle...someone... Anyone?!?

Player two: I'm sneaking up and boarding you and taking your ship off you. Woo Hoo success it's mine now with minimum time invested and effort. Haha boo sucks.

Huge "player one" rage, at least in H1Z1 I can respawn and be mostly fully kitted out in an hour.
    Sod Starmade I'm not committing the effort again.

Please tell me I'm wrong, I'm not a "care bear " when it comes to PvP btw.
    But no, boarding is a terrible concept.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I really don't see boarding as a good thing.
    Why, currently people complain about everyone hugging the home base and docking if a threat is there. Especially if as the server I play on its one man factions which should change when factions can recruit.

Boarding means to player one : I built an awesome ship, over months and I want a ship battle........ Please let's have a ship battle...someone... Anyone?!?

Player two: I'm sneaking up and boarding you and taking your ship off you. Woo Hoo success it's mine now with minimum time invested and effort. Haha boo sucks.

Huge "player one" rage, at least in H1Z1 I can respawn and be mostly fully kitted out in an hour.
    Sod Starmade I'm not committing the effort again.

Please tell me I'm wrong, I'm not a "care bear " when it comes to PvP btw.
    But no, boarding is a terrible concept.
    well in these cases i would encourage you to install interior turrets just one shipborn amc bolt is enough to kill an astronoight who is foolish enough to think just waltzing into an enemy ship was going to be easy not to mention that once NPCs get that much needed upgrade to where they patrol the ship will add to the hardship so taking a well prepared ship solo much less with teams will be no easy feat you would have better luck finding bigfoot

And anyone without an adequate inner defence network was asking for their ship to be stolen any of my works would be well protected inside with turrts and blastdoors to prevent such a thing from happening because as it stands now a player could board while the core is in overheated stage so there can be boarding actions on battle wrecked ships this stuff i suggested would bring a more spec ops approach and if worst came to worst i would rig a self destruct around my thrusters or the core itself that i would detonate from my faction base

Reaction score
    well in these cases i would encourage you to install interior turrets just one shipborn amc bolt is enough to kill an astronoight who is foolish enough to think just waltzing into an enemy ship was going to be easy not to mention that once NPCs get that much needed upgrade to where they patrol the ship will add to the hardship so taking a well prepared ship solo much less with teams will be no easy feat you would have better luck finding bigfoot

And anyone without an adequate inner defence network was asking for their ship to be stolen any of my works would be well protected inside with turrts and blastdoors to prevent such a thing from happening because as it stands now a player could board while the core is in overheated stage so there can be boarding actions on battle wrecked ships this stuff i suggested would bring a more spec ops approach and if worst came to worst i would rig a self destruct around my thrusters or the core itself that i would detonate from my faction base
    My thoughts exactly. If you are going to build a massive ship worthy of mordor you should have made it ready for any situation. Its made to take on dreadnoughts...so if you lose it to a crazy astronaut then your design has a flaw. Its not a battle of power...its a battle of building. What i say is may the best builder win. And who needs amc turrets? Just embed damage pulse generators in the walls infront of your doors with area triggers. Someone comes to cut down the door and boom. Damage pulse kills the astronaut. (wont lie...ive done it...on the station that already has 5 layer thick blast doors...part of the reason why i started this thread idea.)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dire Venom

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    My thoughts exactly. If you are going to build a massive ship worthy of mordor you should have made it ready for any situation. Its made to take on dreadnoughts...so if you lose it to a crazy astronaut then your design has a flaw. Its not a battle of power...its a battle of building. What i say is may the best builder win. And who needs amc turrets? Just embed damage pulse generators in the walls infront of your doors with area triggers. Someone comes to cut down the door and boom. Damage pulse kills the astronaut. (wont lie...ive done it...on the station that already has 5 layer thick blast doors...part of the reason why i started this thread.)
    I was going for a basic idea but you one up me

Reaction score
    I was going for a basic idea but you one up me
    Sorry...i need to break that habit. XD It is a great anti boarder mechanism though. (only true use ive found in damage pulse weapons since the range is so short) And it is completly undetectable to the enemy...well til the first death of course. MUHAHAHA.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sorry...i need to break that habit. XD It is a great anti boarder mechanism though. (only true use ive found in damage pulse weapons since the range is so short) And it is completly undetectable to the enemy...well til the first death of course. MUHAHAHA.
    Another way to repel boarders:
    I like to have a rail system running through out my corridors with security drones (Daleks in this case ) docked and constantly moving along it.
    Looks awesome, and they can rotate and kill anything which moves :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I have turrets (designed to look like robots) thoughout my ships as well as trigger doors that drop down but the pulse trigger is a good idea. But can it kill the ship owner, I will have to test it.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Lol it was a joke i like the idea but we are getting off topic lol

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    You would need to make small enough craft for tight spaces but all and all i do think it is do able