Recognized Make Texture Packs More than Just Blocks

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Okay, this is a hard one to explain, but basically, texture packs should also include item icons and GUIs. I am aware that these can be edited still, but it is inconvenient to have to install and remove things from multiple different directories, instead of just a single pack that can be dumped to edit all of these things.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yea. I'd like this. I've actually requested it. I imagine having the block icons stored in the root folder of the texture packs to be easier than what we currently do.

Reactions: Blakpik
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, overall there's lot of images and sounds, that are not used in the game currently. Schine should probably consider cleaning Starmade file hierarchy up a little. Holding lots of temporary files for reference and testing is fine, but there's no point distributing them to each copy of the game.

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yea. I'd like this. I've actually requested it. I imagine having the block icons stored in the root folder of the texture packs to be easier than what we currently do.
    Will this change also apply to items such as shards and capsules, they have textures in the texture pack folders, but the game seems to take their sprites from the build sprite sheet.