Make mesh useful

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right now, the massive amounts of mesh created during manufacturing are practically useless. Making hull of any kind only requires one mesh. The only functional blocks that require mesh are thrusters and reactors, and they only require 10 or 20 of them, compared to 100 circuits in a weapon block.

So, here's my proposal for fixing it:

First, change the recipes for cannon and missile blocks to use crystal instead of ore, and mesh instead of circuits.
    Next, change how armor is made. Instead of advanced armor requiring 1 mesh and 66 ore capsules, instead have it require 111 mesh. 1 mesh + 1 circuit = 1 hull, 1 hull + 10 mesh = 1 standard armor, 1 standard armor + 100 mesh = 1 advanced armor.

These mean that lots of mesh will actually be used, instead of just sitting around gathering dust in a plexstorage. It will also reduce the amount of circuits used.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Right now, the massive amounts of mesh created during manufacturing are practically useless. Making hull of any kind only requires one mesh. The only functional blocks that require mesh are thrusters and reactors, and they only require 10 or 20 of them, compared to 100 circuits in a weapon block.

So, here's my proposal for fixing it:

First, change the recipes for cannon and missile blocks to use crystal instead of ore, and mesh instead of circuits.
    Next, change how armor is made. Instead of advanced armor requiring 1 mesh and 66 ore capsules, instead have it require 111 mesh. 1 mesh + 1 circuit = 1 hull, 1 hull + 10 mesh = 1 standard armor, 1 standard armor + 100 mesh = 1 advanced armor.

These mean that lots of mesh will actually be used, instead of just sitting around gathering dust in a plexstorage. It will also reduce the amount of circuits used.
    Or something turning, say 100 mesh, into 1 of a random ore capsule. same for crystal circuits.

Reactions: CaptainTaz
    Reaction score
    I didn't realize there was an imbalance in the usage of the generic items. Thanks for bringing this up, I'll have a look at the recipe tree and see what needs to be done.