Make mass a custom value per block in the BlockConfig.xml

Reaction score
    Right now mass is always 1.0 for each block, but I'd love to see the ability to change this per block in the blockconfig.xml, would open up a lot of possibilities, such as lightweight hull for smaller craft for example.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would change the mass off all blocks of that type. Well it would give you lightweight ships more easily, it would also rediculously over power the heavy ships.

I get what youre saying though, and I love the idea. Maybe it would be better to just have a new hull type, being \"Lightweight hull\". It would be only 0.1 mass, but at the same time, it would have a lot less health, and therefore be a lot easier to damage.

Its all about compramise. If you want to make one thing better, you need to make something else worse :)

Reaction score
    I think this is a good idea...especially for modders it would be interesting(once we can do more than just custom decoration and hull)

Reaction score
    NOOOOO!

Right now each block is 0.1 mass. If one servers mass was different from anothers, then a ship that could go 1000km/s on the server with superlow mass would inch along on the server with regular mass.

Plus,

1: hey my ship is 100000 mass!

2: cool gimme the blueprint.

1: ok

LATER...

2:THIS BULL YOU GAVE ME A CORVETTE MADE MOSTLY OF THRUSTERS!

1:sorry thats how they do mass on my server.