Make faction territory meaningful

Reaction score
    As the title said, maybe sectors that are claimed by a faction should give some kind of bonus to that faction.

Think of shops, where other players would have to pay additional tax if they weren't in that particular faction that built and claimed a station in the same sector. That extra bit they pay would be per block, and would be given to the founder, or perhaps split up over the entire group.

Is just an example, but could be fun already.

Reaction score
    This would make a cool addition, the shops could be controlled by the founder.
    The controllable features would be:
    - Tax
    - Shop inventory space (founder is allowed to modify the shop, storage blocks can be added to increase capacity per block type, maybe by 500 each storage added?)
    - Defense systems (founder could add turrets to the shop, so if someone fires on it, they get fired at back)

These are just some quick ideas.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You\'re neglecting the incentive to invade another faction\'s space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well that would be interesting, what if when i enter an enemy territory, i cant rebuild my ship?, or some penalty so i cant repair my ship well just and idea that came to my mind when i read this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Since when could you \'claim\' a sector? You can set up a station sure.. so could 3-4 other factions in that same sector. How are you proposing to claim a sector int he first place?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would suggest that placing a faction block on stationary objects in a region (to make it difficult, and prevent ships from just flying in and claiming) should give bonuses over time, and perhaps mark a sector as \"belonging\" to the faction in question, granting them benefits such as control over shops, a little \"intro\" text that shows in chat for anyone who enters the region (cloaked stations, if implemented, shouldn\'t contribute to the requirements for this) and possibly limiting the abilities of other enemies in the sector.

For example, as Tarkus suggested, make unfriendly ships unable to edit themselves. In addition, give allied ships a bonus in the sector (bonus weapon damage, bonus speed, bonus radar range, bonus energy regen, etc...). Bonuses would get larger the more faction blocks you have in the same sector, reaching a cap around 4 (So, in theory, you could set up in a lot of asteroids and take a sector, but only when there happen to be enough in the right place).

Reaction score
    This is a good idea, but maybe it could be based on a faction owning a station in the sector, with a faction module on it. This would make it more expensive than just claiming a bunch of asteroids, and when player-based weaponry and such is added, would give an incentive to attack and claim these stations to capture a sector. I also quite like the idea of opposing factions rushing to build better stations it their sectors to augment their fleets, e.g: more power generators = better power regen for the fleet. Alternatively, new \'Fleet Modules\' could be added instead, like \'damage boosters\' and \'speed boosters\' in the station that use power, but assist the fleet in that sector.