Make Decorations Lighter or give them Armor HP

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Decoration blocks weigh the same as hull, but provide no benefit other than being a block that may or may not be in the way of weapons fire. This is a clear imbalance. It's even worse because the power update did away with ship HP.

Decoration blocks should be as light as the engine allows, and/or provide a small amount of armor HP appropriate for their mass to replace the ship HP which no longer exists. They need not function as armor, just provide more HP for the pool.

Reactions: MacThule

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The problem with making blocks super light is they get used for fodder. High tier weapons are high tier due to the amount of damage they can do, which normally relates to blocks destroyed or depth penetrated.

You could make decor super light, but then you get shits who will put a 100x100x100 block of that in front of their ship instead of armour. It's happened before iirc, so that's probably why they have this weight.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You could make decor super light, but then you get shits who will put a 100x100x100 block of that in front of their ship instead of armour. It's happened before iirc, so that's probably why they have this weight.
    This still does not justify having the same weight as something that does more. If decoration blocks have the same weight as hull, they should BE hull mechanically. Otherwise they should be lighter.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    This still does not justify having the same weight as something that does more. If decoration blocks have the same weight as hull, they should BE hull mechanically. Otherwise they should be lighter.
    I may be outdated and wrong, but isnt hull virtually useless still? Once you get past a certain point, there isnt much difference between light and heavy armour, save for the amount applied to AHP

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I may be outdated and wrong, but isnt hull virtually useless still? Once you get past a certain point, there isnt much difference between light and heavy armour, save for the amount applied to AHP
    AHP. If you make your interior of hull you get more AHP

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I Agree with this. Adding decorative blocks should not be a detriment to your ship.
    At the ver least the should contribute to the hp/armour pool, if by only a bit.

Reaction score
    Well blame Lankace for that...

i made the suggestion that "decorative" blocks should just go boom on weapon fire impackt but should not absorb any damage from the projectile so that it will just destroy the deco and move on as if ther wasnt any block in its way... delivering its damage to blocks with HP only...

but he said oh its easier to make them as heavy as hull...

and i told him thats just killing deco and interiors for good.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well blame Lankace for that...

i made the suggestion that "decorative" blocks should just go boom on weapon fire impackt but should not absorb any damage from the projectile so that it will just destroy the deco and move on as if ther wasnt any block in its way... delivering its damage to blocks with HP only...

but he said oh its easier to make them as heavy as hull...

and i told him thats just killing deco and interiors for good.
    Decoration will rely heavily on different colors and shapes of hull until this is fixed.

Reaction score
    They tried to fix the "Volume Tanking" with this....
    but it fixed nothing... just killed deco

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They tried to fix the "Volume Tanking" with this....
    but it fixed nothing... just killed deco
    What's next? Are they going to kill spaced armor somehow and put RP ships at more of a disadvantage?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Decoration blocks weigh the same as hull, but provide no benefit other than being a block that may or may not be in the way of weapons fire. This is a clear imbalance.
    Agreed. They should provide a benefit of some kind. Since they're in the game. Otherwise they're just UP junk, cluttering up my creative inventory.

Circuits and lights adding AHP seems counter-intuitive to me, but I guess they could be regarded as ablative interior armor. Interior hull should absolutely improve AHP - exterior plates would be supported and held in place by underlying sheets of strong material.

It would also be viable for certain decorative blocks to buff linked or adjacent systems up to a point.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The problem with making blocks super light is they get used for fodder. High tier weapons are high tier due to the amount of damage they can do, which normally relates to blocks destroyed or depth penetrated.

Light weight blocks being used as fodder was not a problem. Yet another High Quality Schine Solution™ to a problem that doesn't exist. Classic.

Jarraff

filthy neutral
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Whats next empty space having mass?

Seriously why did the mass get changed, this is sofa kingdom.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think it got changed back. Not sure. I talked to Lancake about it and guess what? He listened.

Reactions: aceface and Lecic
    Reaction score
    yea he listens i know. but he surely gets frustrated quickly when yelled at in chat and distracted by loads of ppl trying to talk to him about different things.

i guess talking to him without 20 other ppl trying to have their say it becomes much easier to get the point across.