Make CPU send a signal when used, or add a block we can put in action bar

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Hello,

It would be nice that when we use a d1000 CPU block for example (i.e. when we shoot missile from the action bar), it would send a signal to logic block attached.

Also, why not add a logic block that we can add in the action bar to allow us to enable/disable a logic block from the action bar.

Reactions: Snk and Krazykat
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Too exploitable. One logic block in the hotbar could activate bazillions of weapons computers at the same time, and so goes the same for outputting signals on firing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    and? How is that an exploit when it sounds like the intention. We already can activate a bazillion weapons if you just press spacebar and hit an activation module that's right next to the core.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What is the difference between firing 1 weapon with 10 weapon modules or 2 weapons with 5 modules each?
    with punch-through, shotguns and rapid fire we don't profit that much from multi-array weapons.

I think we should feature controlling big ships from outside the core.
    If you find a good way without introducing artificial limitations, please post it.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    and? How is that an exploit when it sounds like the intention. We already can activate a bazillion weapons if you just press spacebar and hit an activation module that's right next to the core.
    Then you can't aim.

I'd prefer to have a system in which you must not be in the core to do such a thing. It makes crew more of a necessity, and does not encourage one-man-army ships.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I see what you mean, this game could definitely use a reason for crews to be viable

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you were firing a weapons computer from the core and it was firing a bunch of other weapons, those weapons would be unfocused and unaimed. Not that different from doing it directly from logic.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am curious if it would not be better to slave bobbies to weapons for automatic targeting if possible :)

bobby for weapon => aim
    bobby for core => turn/move, make the ship's nose face enemies so that other bobby blocks can aim with forward-facing weapons (but don't shoot weapons which are not connected to the core)

I would like a ship where bobby and players work together on the same structure, not just with docked turrets.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I see what you mean, this game could definitely use a reason for crews to be viable
    Yes, but firing multiple weapons simultaneously should be possible, with the drawback of them all firing straight ahead (no convergence or aiming).

Reaction score
    For example, it could be nice to instead of sending 10 missiles in the same time, to send 1 missile each second during 10s :)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    For example, it could be nice to instead of sending 10 missiles in the same time, to send 1 missile each second during 10s :)
    i always thought that we should be able to use the logic delay blocks in conjunction with weapon cpus and arrays. have each array hooked up with the delay logic acting as the CPU stand in to create a chain. for example

d1000 CPU--->Array 1--->Delay 1---> Array 2--->Delay 2--->Array 3

that way we can still have volleys without having to press a activation block

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Some may consider this op

But I would like to have 4 ammo in a magazine which recharge in a constant rate - independent if you have used 1 or 3 of them.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I would like to have a server side option to enable logic triggers to be placed on the hotbar. It would be a harder to implement method of firing multiple weapons at once but would also allow turrets to be fired from the core. So on the server you could configure it for one of 4 settings:
    1) Off
    2) Only docked entities
    3) Only onboard weapons
    4) Both

Off is off, and unusable.
    Only docked fires all weapons on a docked ship or turret. One logic trigger block per entity. The longest weapon's timeout decides when firing is enabled again. Forces lock on weapons to reacquire lock.
    Only onboard fire all weapons associated with the shipcore in use. Would require one logic block per dock all connected to a master trigger. The longest weapon's timeout decides when firing is enabled again. Lock on weapons must reacquire. (Locks all weapons and logic off to re-firing even independently.)
    Both docked and onboard uses all weapons on all entities docked and all weapons on the shipcore in use. I can only imagine the massive power draw this would cause.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I just don't see a point firing turret weapons if you can't aim them.

Reaction score
    I just don't see a point firing turret weapons if you can't aim them.
    It could keep the direction when the logic block was activated, or fire in the direction the ship is looking when the computer is powered.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I wrote that over a month ago and you can.
    Please don't comment on month old threads. Make a new thread with a similar subject to keep the topic fresh and link back to the old topic if needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.