Make Chamber Size Reflect Its Capacity Draw

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    So if a chamber uses 12.5% of its reactor's capacity it should probably only need to be half or maybe three-quarters the minimum number of blocks as a chamber which uses 25% of the same reactor. Something like that.

[ 12.5% ]
    [chamber]

[ 25% ]
    [ chamber ]

[ 50% ]
    [ chamber ]

Pretty straightforward. Not sure why it isn't already like this - maybe there's a good reason or maybe it just hasn't occurred to Schine yet.

Seems silly that a low-end chamber that only uses 12.5% needs to be as massive as something powerful and high-end like a warp gate chamber that uses 50% of the reactor's capacity.

Reaction score
    This could be used to give us jump drive autocharge for a much smaller chamber size.

Although really, I'd prefer jump drive autocharge to just be a toggle you always have.

Reaction score
    I completely agree with this sentiment, but I suspect the reason is similar to why they don't want to base chamber size off of relevant systems. I believe it was Lancake who said he wants to keep chamber relative to reactor size to make them easier to hotswap. IE: if all chambers are the same size, you can for example reballence some juice from your FTL chambers to your Mobility chambers without running into size issues.

Frankly, I think it's better to make engineers plan their stuff out better if they want that kind of tactic than force people into boxes that don't make sense, but I can see why they might think this would lead to less new player frustration.

Reactions: MacThule