• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Everyone knows that one of the most tedious things to do in Starmade is to fill a blueprint for a titan. You have to set your factories to produce all the blocks and it just eats up your time.
    However, I am suggesting that the player have the ability to set a factory or many factories to automatically produce the blocks required for a blueprint.
    How this would work is there is a new option in the factory: Fill Blueprint. You drop your BP in there in order to specify which blueprint to fill. It makes a copy that cannot be removed. You then hit "Activate Blueprint Filling" and the factory then produces all the blocks that it can produce, and filling the blueprint that is in the storage connected to the factory. When the blueprint is full, all the factories that have the blueprint delete their copies and it is done.
    Please inform me if this needs to be tweaked or if this was hard to follow.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Isn't it the meaning of the shipyards ? But I understand : even for a little shuttle, if it has many details BP filling is tedious.

Anyway iirc Schine want to get rid of the manual BP spawn.

Reactions: MacThule

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    All I want is for the shipyard to build the ship with whatever is available in the shipyard storage and then spawn it regardless of whether it's incomplete or not.
    • This would allow a player to use what's there. Which is useful when starting out.
    • Also allows a player to build a ship if they're missing some obscure component like a plant or something useless.
    • You could also use the shipyard to build a shell
    • Or the reverse, just build the systems without a shell. So you can build a new shell around it.
    • Add in a feature to swap modules using a search and replace or select and replace on the BP itself, this would save build time also.
    On a different tangent, I've thought that the new astrotech repair tool could pretty much be used in shipyards. You could have beams come from either the arches or some kind of turret. This method would be an alternative method to how shipyards operate at the moment.

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    All I want is for the shipyard to build the ship with whatever is available in the shipyard storage and then spawn it regardless of whether it's incomplete or not.
    • This would allow a player to use what's there. Which is useful when starting out.
    • Also allows a player to build a ship if they're missing some obscure component like a plant or something useless.
    • You could also use the shipyard to build a shell
    • Or the reverse, just build the systems without a shell. So you can build a new shell around it.
    • Add in a feature to swap modules using a search and replace or select and replace on the BP itself, this would save build time also.
    On a different tangent, I've thought that the new astrotech repair tool could pretty much be used in shipyards. You could have beams come from either the arches or some kind of turret. This method would be an alternative method to how shipyards operate at the moment.
    Yeah that would be very useful

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If AI factions had shipyards the players could use than we could remove the "fill BP" all together... or make it an admin command; that's what I'd like to see. Change the 2,2,2 starting station into a little shipyard too.

Half baked ships from the yards could be useful but wouldn't you need some kind of prioritization for the shipyards than? Otherwise you might launch a ship and have all the turrets fall off or launch a carrier with no fighters, or literally only the front half of the design is built so it doesn't have any engines, etc, etc.