Make ai use diffrent reactors depending on orders.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hi,
    Today I was thinking how will the ai use the variety of reactor on your ship and all its special bonuses and know when to use them.Well I have an Idea.

We can do that,depending on the orders you give to the ai/fleet.The ai will change reactor(to the chamber most adapted to its task).

If the order is "attack that sector",the ai will detect the reactor with the best attack values and will use it.
    If its "defend this sector",the ai will use the best reactor with the best defence values.
    If the orders are "move to this sector "the ai will choose the reactor with the best mobility values and so on.

Now another idea can be tactics planer.Imagine a panel where you can set how your ships will fight.By using a tree system,where there you can decide when the reactors on certain ships be used.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Hi,
    Today I was thinking how will the ai use the variety of reactor on your ship and all its special bonuses and know when to use them.Well I have an Idea.

We can do that,depending on the orders you give to the ai/fleet.The ai will change reactor(to the chamber most adapted to its task).

If the order is "attack that sector",the ai will detect the reactor with the best attack values and will use it.
    If its "defend this sector",the ai will use the best reactor with the best defence values.
    If the orders are "move to this sector "the ai will choose the reactor with the best mobility values and so on.

Now another idea can be tactics planer.Imagine a panel where you can set how your ships will fight.By using a tree system,where there you can decide when the reactors on certain ships be used.
    This is a good idea, generally. As far as AI prioritization goes, it would be easy to simply assign specific chambers to specific tasks and tell the AI to switch to any reactor with the max value for that task. It will almost certainly have to happen along these lines.

Regarding a planner, I think we are all hoping for modular AI interface in the end, but it may be a lot to ask for.

Reactions: Dire Venom