Make AI more aware

Reaction score
    just a little thing ive noticed - i just started a new world with the newly-landed power update, and started building my ship while docked to the shop i spawned at.

i needed to do this as an AI miner plowed into my thrusterless creation and hurled it out of the system... so i returned and promptly docked it.

since then, i have had more than a dozen mining vessels plow into my ship as im building it and just get stuck there for a minute or two before jump-driving away... thankfully it no longer goes careering off as its docked to the shop, and being my spawn sector, it doesnt damage the build either.

it would just be nice to see the AIs see obstructions and actively circumnavigate them :)

...also, what the hell is up with the random spinning?!
    starmade-gif-0000.gif

Reaction score
    AI likely won't be updated until between the weapons and universe update, as part of the universe update, or between the universe update and what I suspect will be the crew update.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    lol! i managed to grab a screenshot of my mining friends :P i didnt expect an update any time soon, but thought i would just flag this particular (lack of) behaviour!
    starmade-screenshot-0001.png

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    Try the Option "Lighten Mode" in the Advanced Build Mode options...
    lol i do, but i like to use a lot of dark grey armour on my ships, and its at the perfect balance where (in the shadows) its hard to see in normal light, and in lighten mode :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    haha, i like to build my overall shape out of lights first, with different sections being different colours - its easier to see what im doing when theres a fat-off shadow casting across the ship ;)
    That's a pretty good idea imo, then you can just select Replace Light Colour (x) with Hull block (x) for no extra work :3

Reactions: alij331

Maramonster

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I tend to build my ships the opposite way, systems first, at least if I have an idea of what the ship is for.

Edit: originally chimed in on 'lighten mode' but someone beat me to it.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I tend to build my ships the opposite way, systems first, at least if I have an idea of what the ship is for.
    Same. I tend to start with a power core, engines, and shields on a rough shape, then add weapons and hull over.

Reaction score
    ah, i like to do mine with the shape i have in mind, then a rough idea of where systems will go, then decks to access said systems, then fill every single remaining block with systems! :)