Main weapons destroying turrets

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Very annoying bug. I'm not unable to build powerful cannons because of this. I try to build cannon like this:

xx xx xx -->

x -antimater cannons

And when I set bobby AI as a turret, so ship can defend himself, its fire from weird angle and destroys all the turrets that are in the line of fire.

I think, there should be simple solution for that. Ships should only fire to direction that actually facing.

Not to mention, this should add advantage to fighters against bigger slow turning ships.

Sorry if this should be in suggestions section or issues, but this is very annoying and should be fixed somehow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This can be reproduced with the pilot in control as well. If the player chooses a cockpit to the back of the vessel and a wide FOV - he can direct fire anywhere withing the FOV (which can be theoretically up to 180 degrees). If the mouse pointer traverses a docked ship (including turrets) while doing so, the guns will fire at this turret EVEN if the turret is behind the gun nozzle.

On the other hand, a turret can not accidentally fire at their mothership, the shots will go through.

Suggested quick fix: Since fire of turrets is already unable to harm the mothership, the mothership should also be unable to target/shoot-at/damage its docked children/turrets.

Suggested proper fix: fire should only be possible at targets within a selected FOF (field of fire) in front of the chosen weapons \"output block\" - The FOF could be weapon dependent, and narrower for accelerator type weapons (antimatter) than for missiles (which could adjust their flight path after launch towards the selected direction)