Mail system - admin broadcast mail

Reaction score
    Hi,

At the moment there is no ingame option to contact players that are currently not logged in.

I think, for admins it would be useful if they would be able to send an ingame mail to all players.

Something in a way like:
    Press F4, write an reserved word, for example "*broadcast*" as recpipient, write your subject and message and press send. After that, all players will get this message, like a normal mail, when they are joining.

Best regards
    Skorpjon

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    First, i'm not against this. But what's wrong with editing the server-message.txt?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    First, i'm not against this. But what's wrong with editing the server-message.txt?
    Does anyone ever read those after their first log on? It's good for finding out where some things are the first time (rules/ts/website/etc), but it'd be useless as a form of annoucement thingie.

Reaction score
    Does anyone ever read those after their first log on? It's good for finding out where some things are the first time (rules/ts/website/etc), but it'd be useless as a form of annoucement thingie.
    Yes, who has read this message yesterday? ;) And it is located in a file, so there is no easy way to change it.

We tried to bypass this problem with threads in our forum. But the most players don not visit the forum regulary. So they were suprised by events, changes in the settings, the server reset and so on...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would be nice if you can set it to send you an email, but only if you didn't read it for X days.
    Also if it would only send 1 email per X days to keep spaming low and concatenate info in that email.

I think an admin-to-all option only is insufficient. Instead there could be subscriptions and managers for these spanning multiple servers (uses account data).

Reaction score
    I agree to you. But I think this would be a lot of work. But it would nice for a second step after the faction and crew update. ;)

Imho a function with a reserved word (maybe with e-mail notification option??) would be a large improvement with a small amount of work. And it stops the why-has-no-one-told-me-threads you get after every reset. :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    We tried to bypass this problem with threads in our forum. But the most players don not visit the forum regulary. So they were suprised by events, changes in the settings, the server reset and so on...
    If the forums are theregular contact point and the address is available it's their responsibility to check the forums. Surprise on their part does not equate to a failure on yours. It's their problem. Just saying.

But not every server operator has access to a forum, so I can see no reason not to implement a mass-mailer as long as it is restricted to admin only.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I agree on the last 2 posts, but:

It would be far easier to implement if the suggestion has actually thought out a system that would satisfy anyone.

StarMade could provide tools or API to enable player accessing this option ingame and having alerts just like here in the forum.
    If you have to check 2 websites/programs to get your info it is annoying, especially if you have to register multiple usernames or passwords (other forums) or aren't happy with the hierarchical structure or moderation rights SM-forums provides to admins.

Just a way to implement in in-game-UI to access a hierarchical tree with properties in each level and allowed sub-trees per node-type would be sufficient.