Magtec

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Magtec
    Mohawk astronautics group Technology department

X-sb Umbra - A permacloaking light bomber.

The next ship will be a permacloaking fighter........I may have bitten off more than i can chew. Keeping the dimensions down might be tricky.

If you see a trend developing, as far as cloaking goes, you're not wrong. I intend to create a faction that generously utilizes stealth tech, after that I'll move on to other things. I initially started on it way back when the fleet competition was going, but only managed to make one ship before some major life stuff took a front seat. Well now that it's settled down a bit around here, I can get back at it. Hopefully you guys like my build style. I tend to make crazy asymmetric stuff.

As always, constructive criticism is most welcome

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Ok, here is what i got so far in development of the verticle stealth fighter. Haven't had much time to work on her, most of it was taken by getting the reactors setup and efficient. I must have reworked it two dozen times lol, but did manage to get an overall shape of the craft that feels consistent with the X-sb.

starmade-screenshot-0001.png

I'm trying to decide what weapon systems to put on her, and am thinking about a pair of ion beams and a bank of dumb missiles on a 1/2 sec clock, continuously firing when activated (orange bits). I'm not going to put a tank on her so 50,000 is all she's got, but she does put out over 200k e/sec. I also plan on maxing out speed with overdrive.

So a question to you: What weapons would you put on a fighter with 200k recharge?

Reactions: Scypio

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    Anything that isn't rapid fire, like M/B/P, M/P/E, B/B/I, etc
    this allows the fighter to fire, then cloak again after doing so without having to constantly fire to deal damage.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Anything that isn't rapid fire
    I would have thought alpha style weapons would be out due to not having much of a tank, and utilizing it's high e/sec recharge with a rapid fire would be in. Though, your idea does make sense given her ability to cloak, making her a hit and run craft, not a dogfighter. Which might be a smart move considering she will be light on defenses.