Magnetic boots?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was reading a few topics in this forum about the gravity on ships and stations and i came up with my own idea..

MAGNETIC BOOTS!

why not have a key so you can activate these boots to stay on a surface(providing it is the right surface like a metal) and you could activate these boots by pressing.. F? or maybe TAB? then they activate and set your player's gravity parallel to the surface and is constant so if you move onto a wedge for example the gravity resets again and is then parralel to the wedge.. this could allow you to walk completely around your ship if it is rounded and that would be just awesome :D and if you jump it you will fall back down to the surface or if you moved to far away from it it de-activates the boots and you return to normal.. if you say, jumped and your gravity path was going towards a different angled block like a wedge the angle you would fall down would then be set parralel to that :D

EDIT: also the material you are magnetized to will effect your jump height.. if it was a very metallic type of material like a hull you jumps would be say.. 2-3 blocks? if it was a less metallic material like a plexlight then your jump height would be around 6 blocks? and if it is a very low metallic material like 'rock'(tiny amounts of metal) you can jump and the jump will deactivate your boots because you would escape the magnetic field between your boots and the surface..