• Bad idea?

Votes: 2 66.7%
    • We dont need more systems/blocks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A block that you can link to weapons and turret raildocks, magazine blocks would be an all round weapon buff to damage, range, reload, and projectile speed. magazines would be highly explosive when damaged and the whole cluster would explode at once if any damage is receive to the group, the magazine would have an bigger explosion when more weapons blocks are linked, and when the magazine is larger, multiple weapons/turret docks could be linked to the magazine but that would weaken the overall effect and make the explosion larger.

weapons computers and turret docks would be linked like weapons are to the magazine's block,

this could speed up combat once shields are down by causing large damage when exploding. and help the issues of really weak small turrets.

Reaction score
    I don't see why we would need this if we can achieve the same effect already without worry of them exploding.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't see why we would need this if we can achieve the same effect already without worry of them exploding.
    well my idea of this is it would give a buff to turret based ships, since turrets often have to be crazy large to be any good and look terrible. and them exploding just seems like a way to balance them

Reaction score
    well my idea of this is it would give a buff to turret based ships, since turrets often have to be crazy large to be any good and look terrible. and them exploding just seems like a way to balance them
    Well, that's not entirely true. Small turrets can be used to stop mass missiles that a lot of people seem to be using now, and if you build in the right set of effects you could counter a large ship entirely. Large turrets are good for instant results yet terrible for multiple ships or defense. Either way adding in a new block system to completely replace a more customizable set of systems only for the effect of more explosions does not equal pretty nor fun to me. If my turrets are shot off I expect to be able to salvage them.

Reaction score
    2 problems

1: the huge weapons blocks in SM will make this quite explosive if used
    2: turrets with there single connection point would be very vulnerable

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    2 problems

1: the huge weapons blocks in SM will make this quite explosive if used
    2: turrets with there single connection point would be very vulnerable
    getting explosive is kind of the point, there's a lack of meaningful critical systems that actually cause real damage when damaged/destroyed
    i mean once a turret's single connection point gets hit it undocks anyways.

Well, that's not entirely true. Small turrets can be used to stop mass missiles that a lot of people seem to be using now, and if you build in the right set of effects you could counter a large ship entirely. Large turrets are good for instant results yet terrible for multiple ships or defense. Either way adding in a new block system to completely replace a more customizable set of systems only for the effect of more explosions does not equal pretty nor fun to me. If my turrets are shot off I expect to be able to salvage them.
    yeah small turrets can hit missles but they wont hurt anything else, which is what i see as the problem. you cant really have ships that have turrets as a main armmament without them being stupid large or have sometimes insane amounts. i'me not asking it to replace current systems, i'me asking for something to supplement them, as large ships cant really fight any other way, well besides missile spam,

and i would really like to see a critical system that goes boom

i might just be building my turrets completely wrong as i build them to at least bear a semblance of an actual turret