Mad at the New Docking Update (StarMade 0.09395)

Reaction score
    So, heres why im mad, I go into starmade and into myship, i then go into build mode, Guess what, It says my docking modules dont fit anymore because there larger know -.-. So i basicly have to rebuild my ship around a bigger hanger, And trust me, Thats gonna take a long time. Did you really have the make the default size bigger?!?!?!?!?!?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What I did was just remove enhancers so they would fit again. Unless you aren\'t using them, just a small hangar with default size docks. If that\'s the case, yeah... Have to rebuild.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is great that the docking outline has grown for the larger ships. However it has rendered my small fleet of ships unable to store their small tender fighters in the current bay they have.

perhaps we could make a small and a large docking module that would solve the issue due to the variety of ships out there. I would like to be able to dock tiny ships in modest ships ;).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    My docking bay on my ship has been rendered useless due to the new update! I hate it! It\'s sooo annoying!

Reaction score
    im having major problems too. i cant even fit large ships onto my docking bays. i have a docking bay that can fit a 100X100X95 size ship, but not even a 25X25X10 can fit. its annoying as hell.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, I built a really cool escape pod bay on my latest ship a day before the update. I\'ve had to strip the whole thing out, and try again, but the new docking size is incredibly impractical.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    we are discussing this here http://star-made.org/content/ship-docking-area-too-small feel free to voice your opinion or issues

Reaction score
    I\'m not sure if people realized it or not, but you could previously dock ships upto something like 11x11x11 in the old dock size, which was quite a bit bigger than the docking module itself. It looks like the docking module was actually fixed to show the right size in the game which caused it to be too big for many ships that were created before.

Make sure you remember this game is in Alpha. Expect your ships to have to be modified as the game changes. There will be new features, features will be removed (if they don\'t work, aren\'t \"fun\", or whatever else), and features will be modified.

Expect bugs, expect changes. If you don\'t want to deal with those changes then you might want to wait until beta or release.

I\'m not saying to not voice your opinions or point out bugs and breaking changes, but just to be aware they will happen so don\'t get upset over it.