Macro for auto-accelerating

Reaction score
    As I found it very annoying to be forced to press down the w button for ages when travelling for a long distance, I decided I will make a macro so I only have to press a button once and it will keep flying straight until I tell it to stop.

Here is how I did it:

1. Download X-Mouse Button Control: http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

2. Go to layer 2 and choose which button you want to press for it to activate(I chose middle mouse as it isn't a key necessary for the game). There then open the drop down menu until you get to Simulated keys

3. Choose w as the key you want to press and select sticky held

4. Go to settings, enable global hotkeys and then choose with which keys you want to switch between your default(layer 1) and the one with the hotkey to fly automaticly(layer 2). I chose F2 and F3 because they are close to the keyboard and F1 is steam(like this I don't have to desactivate it if I go on steam)

5. Open starmade and enjoy not having to press w forever

I hope it helps

Reaction score
    and setting up a macro hotkeyed to mouse 4 that will just hold W down repeatedly.
    This seems a bit easier.

Reaction score
    I know that this is possible but not everyone has razor mouses or mouses with mouse 4