Machinima idea. Wanna help?

I am willing to act or help with the project?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
    • I can do camera.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • i can help in another way

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Heya fellas,
    I am thinking about making a machinima here. I do not know StarMade a lot, I played it for a while a few years ago and since then it changed a lot, so I am basically new in the game again, but I like the visuals and even the machinima potential it has.

So far I made machinimas like this:

I am not native English speaker, but I made all the stuff alone. The scripts, character movements, everything, except the voice acting itself. The first arma machinima took me a month of doing nothing else but this.
    For this StarMade machinima, I am thinking about something like a 10-minute story or less, that could turn into a series. The idea I have now in my head is that there is a character "Mr. President" who has been just told, that alien life does exist and that humans have spaceships. He is in a ship, being guided by some ship captain, and he wants to try, what button does what. So he presses the buttons, things are happening, and then he is allowed to shoot the weapons, but when he does that, alien ships wraps into the fire zone and are being hit by the weapons. These aliens had a few seconds before they jump, saying that they go to give something very precious to the humans. Being attacked immediately after they jump in, they fire back, they destroy the ship with the president, who manages to escape with an escape pod, disappearing into the empty space.

Something like that. Short, supposed to be funny with the combination of the "silly graphics" and voice acting.... and the ending is opened for a next chapter. (president lands on an asteroid, being rescued by some intergalactic heroin smuggler, meanwhile, the aliens that appeared in the "first episode" declares war to humans and humans to the aliens because only thing humans know is that the aliens jumped in and destroyed the ship with the president...
    Something like this. The stories are generated from this brief theme as fast as the universe in the when you cross the next sector. Now imagine that the president has a Trump skin.... :D like... this has some potential... (is there a Trump skin already? :D )

I try to create a cinematics that looks cinematic, I must say that the only cinematics I have seen and I really like from the StarMade is the trailer, which brought me back to the game. And it is a shame, that the cinematic potential is not used.

For the machinima, I have images in my head, that would need increasing numbers of people to act in, so the first question is:

Is here anybody who would be willing to act in a similar project?

I dont want to be an actor in this thing, as then its not possible to get nice shots. I would like to make some story with voice acting, so that is another thing, that is useful - a good actor, that can give some emotions into his acting. But there is a good community at behindthevoiceactors.com, so this is generally not a problem.

The universe is beautiful. The ships are amazing and as I have read some threads, people are willing to borrow their ships for the recording stuff. The next question is - do we have some people who would like to move the characters around for the camera? Or doing the camera also?

Let me know about your opinions. So far, I do not even know, if I want to do the machinima. I am not really motivated and I have some real life financial struggles. But still, its sort of my passion to do the cinematics and I want to know if its worth of even thinking about making something.

Anyway, have a great day.
    I have to go now, I have some life urgent duties. My ship was damaged yesterday and it may collapse any moment.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    My advice is don't. Just don't. At least not right now.

There is a reason there is not a second episode to space cops yet. Starmade is currently NOT a stable platform for machinima. Skin changes don't work on servers 75% of the time, turrets drop off of ships when crossing sector boundaries, phantom objects hover and confuse the AI even after they've been killed. Random AI attacks and convoys screw up your filming areas.

It's just bad... and extremely frustrating.

So don't.... until they fix at least some of these major problems.

And thanks for the heads up Tardis, I may save the guy a lot of frustration, heh

Reaction score
    My advice is don't. Just don't. At least not right now.

There is a reason there is not a second episode to space cops yet. Starmade is currently NOT a stable platform for machinima. Skin changes don't work on servers 75% of the time, turrets drop off of ships when crossing sector boundaries, phantom objects hover and confuse the AI even after they've been killed. Random AI attacks and convoys screw up your filming areas.

It's just bad... and extremely frustrating.

So don't.... until they fix at least some of these major problems.

And thanks for the heads up Tardis, I may save the guy a lot of frustration, heh

Yea, the Cops were cool, same as your other videos :D
    [doublepost=1488987139,1488987108][/doublepost]
    Yea, the Cops were cool, same as your other videos :D
    Thanks for your advice then :)