Ludicrous speed

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Well I am enjoying the new thruster mechanics. I have found a loophole to the top-speed limit though.
    My overdrive brought me up to 1.5 of server speed limit but my take-off boost was able to get me to 10,400 m/sec (no exaggeration). It took me 45 minutes to slow to a full stop and my FPS dropped to 5 and stayed there even after I returned to my base. I had used a logic oscillator ANDed with an activation module (triggered by ISR) to drive the push computer. Cruise control with no speed limit. I could have gone faster but decided to stop the experiment before crashing the server. :D 2015-12-21_00006.jpg

Last edited:

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So just like over clocking a jump drive. Awesome, to know that the push computer can be triggered by Logic. I'm picturing torpedoes now :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've noticed the speed increase even on what were my slowest ships,but the braking just sucks good thing there is no collision damage yet I would have trade gild after me for destroying shops lol :)

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I've noticed the speed increase even on what were my slowest ships,but the braking just sucks good thing there is no collision damage yet I would have trade gild after me for destroying shops lol :)
    Braking does not seem as effective now so we will all have to learn to pilot using the Newtonian physics. Try this: upon approach to your destination reverse your ship 180 degrees then use your forward thrust as braking action. Don't forget that under the 'Ship" tab you can now alter the characteristics of thrust giving preference (if you desire) to acceleration/braking or up/down, or side to side maneuverability. Very slick! :cool:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol don't forget to put a pull clock on with that push clock so you can slam on the breaks. Also yes that is way, way too far above server max speed to be reasonable. Would still like a way to super exceed it though with something like this but this is so far beyond overkill. XD I'd say limit a good setup that does this to say 10x max speed and it needs an overdrive to work fully. :)

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Update:....
    Ludicrous speed has been fixed. A recent update has capped push-drive drive to the top-speed of your ship.
    No more infinite acceleration...sniff = [ .

(my work here is done) = ]