LP Series Ideas/Help - To Be Recorded on the 6th

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    A few friends and I will be beginning a LP series in starmade around random challenges from dogfighting in ships we have built under time constraints to searching for data in the wreakage of a burnt out husk of a ship and many other things. That being said I am a solid station builtder but my ship building needs work as I turn to the amazing community!

If anyone has ships or massive stations you would like us to use in some capacity during the series please let me know here and I will do my best to include it!

Thank you guys for everything!

Reaction score
    Here's an idea. Just spawn isanth ships (or download player made ships) and launch a few missiles at them until they are partially destroyed.

Reactions: AtraUnam
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah that would work and is something i will more than likely be doing! It would be pretty cool to be able to create areas with a large amount of debris (from said destroyed ships) to look like a large scale battle was there in the past.

The big thing with the player made ships is since it will be used on youtube/twitch i want the maker to be cool with me using their builds so I figured this was the easiest way to do so

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Permission given: I haven't made much, but feel free to use anything I've uploaded to Community Content.

Reactions: Aqui
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I appreciate it quite a bit will make sure to credit you in the videos!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've built a few role-play heavy ships, which might look cool partially blown apart. Feel free to use anything you want.

Reaction score
    Abandoned ship spawns are a feature I’ve been mentioning every time the universe update comes up.

Abandoned ships, boobytrapped ships, ships with creatures infesting the inside, debris fields ranging from small blocks to hulls of ruined ships, etc.

Reaction score
    I don't think there is someone here who would be opposed to this, as long as they get credited. Ships are uploaded for others to enjoy, after all.

But for formalities:
    Feel free to take anything from my content, if you find something useful.
    (Altough, i probably should update some eventually, to have them fully work with the current game version)

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have you seen the Shangri-La class derelict stations? The big ship looking bases with holes blown out of them, that are filled with damaged lighting corridors, and kill-bots with glowing red eye rods while display blocks say things like "They are always watching!"?

I swear, when I first got one of those and paid it off, I decided I was going to go around and fix up the interior without build mode so I could explore. It was like a game of freaking Dead Space in there!

Reactions: jayman38 and Aqui
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for all of your help it is coming along nicely I hope to have it done in the next day or so and Edymnion thats a really cool idea to add. Personally, I haven't seen that station but it sounds awesome. I'll see if I can add it to the system.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    You can do whatever you want with my ships :D
    Also, if you want to make some nice explosion damage, use the damage pulse system. It gives a lot more nice holes (and edge damage) than missiles.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I had a similar idea once for something like this, but I never could finish it...
    Also, my ships and stations are yours to do as you wish. I'd like to see how badly you can damage them :p I even have a link that leads to all of them: LINK

A tip on making artificial damage: Just go into the ship needing damage, put disintegrators on the spots you want damaged, then simply detonate them while in build mode. Voila, instant damage without needing to take the shields down.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Lancake and Jamster will do both really good ideas and the ships/stations will be used for sure as I want to create a massive field.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Lancake and Jamster will do both really good ideas and the ships/stations will be used for sure as I want to create a massive field.
    I have a couple of ships that need releasing tonight, so there will be EVEN MOAR ships from me to use :P
    But yeah, glad I could be of help, and good luck with the project!

Reactions: Aqui
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks I'll be working on finishing the 2 stations I am currently building for the series shouldn't take too much longer and then I'll get back to the fun side of bombing some amazing ships and seeing how crazy of a field we can get.

On a sidenote, if anyone has ideas for different missions or competitions for the series let me know or even a trophy in game as they aren't really strong suits or if you want to see what I've built so far (station-wise) as input is really helpful.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Oh and if you want a tip, you can change the ID of shields in your block properties, that way every ship will spawn with 0 shield blocks because it can't find the block, that makes it a lot easier to apply hull damage without having to worry about killing the shield all the time (or forcing it with the /shield_damage command).

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    different missions or competitions
    Off the top of my head:
    • Large fleet battles
    • Mass-limited battles. 20k mass limit, 10k limit, 1k limit, or even smaller. Provides a challenge to those who only fly one size of ship.
    • Find the long-lost 'insert ship name here' and its 'insert valuable thing here'
    • Co-op battle to take on a pirate station - Alphas are the hardest currently
    • Destroy one ship within a fleet and escape intact, without touching the others (Hit and run?)
    • Raid a cargo fleet and take its 'insert cargo here'
    Hope this helps you figure out what to do in the series! And good luck! I'll make sure to tune in when its broadcast!

QUICK EDIT: Ever used the break-off feature? It allows parts of a ship to literally break off and become seperate entities if they are separated from the rest of the ship. It's buggy as hell right now so don't leave it on for too long. When it works though, some amazing things can be made, like entire sections of a large ship sheared off or wings of fighters gone. Or ships totally blown in half.
    Damn it schine make it usable xD

EDIT 2: I can provide several pre-wrecked ships of mine if you'd like. I have a few in storage that I thought I'd never need anymore and I've only just rediscovered them.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Off the top of my head:
    • Large fleet battles
    • Mass-limited battles. 20k mass limit, 10k limit, 1k limit, or even smaller. Provides a challenge to those who only fly one size of ship.
    • Find the long-lost 'insert ship name here' and its 'insert valuable thing here'
    • Co-op battle to take on a pirate station - Alphas are the hardest currently
    • Destroy one ship within a fleet and escape intact, without touching the others (Hit and run?)
    • Raid a cargo fleet and take its 'insert cargo here'
    Really solid ideas. We will have (if everything works properly) 6 people per challenge so I'll need to make sure everything work from that point of view. The other ones I had would be:
    • Find as many plant types as possible in a limited amount of time
    • Team battles (with a small fleet)
    • Salvage then fight w/ salvaged materials
    • Highlights of new additions in game as schema updates it
    • Zone protect/Capture the flag
    Also any ships I am able to use are great especially prewreaked ones as it saves me time setting up and I will need to start using the break off feature

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Also any ships I am able to use are great especially prewreaked ones as it saves me time setting up and I will need to start using the break off feature
    I'll drop a .zip pack of them in my Dropbox when I've found them and link it here.