Low-Res Faction Emblems

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Following the small idea I've had while reading Lecic's Custom Faction Territory Music suggestion, I've decided to make a little thread to evolve it better.

All factions would be able to upload to the server (or even starmade's registry, since I've heard it is planned to make universal factions registering accounts on it) a little emblem, for being visible in ship selection on the HUD on other clients. Since they will be so small, I doubt it would cause poor performance on the game.

The way it could show would be similar to Command and Conquer Renegade HUD, on that example, where you see NOD's emblem on it's unit.

-

I see that such feature is pretty much possible since it's also present on many of those MMO's, that allow their guilds to do the same thing.

-

And then, this is a rough example of how that could appear on Starmade's GUI. Yeah, Paint rocks.

So, that's pretty much it. A little more immersion into the game. The emblem could appear on the Galaxy map too, when looking at territories.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Might not be that big of an add-on but it would defiantly be something I would love to have.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Some ideas were being thrown around regarding having faction data be cross-server... This could be incorporated as part of that system. Regardless, this looks pretty awesome.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Wow C&C Renegade...That was a fun game back when I played it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I would love to see this in game. (Thanks for the promo of my thread, btw)