Lost Universe mode,Marooned mode

Reaction score
    Hi me again this time Inspiration came to me due to Valiant70

Marooned mode

- drops you at a random spawn on a asteroid, planet, or Derelict station with nothing but a few Faction blocks this would add a challenge to the game

Lost Universe mode -

after accidentally going threw a wormhole your thrown out at a random location in the galaxy with only the basic starter blocks

Pirate Mode -

Spawn as a pirate you would be able to Dock at Pirate bases

Feel free to add any ideas you guys and gals have had on this as well

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Slave Mode: when starting out, you have to perform random tasks in astronaut mode for an NPC overlord of some kind, until you can buy your own freedom, and the equipment to start manufacturing your own blocks. This would require an arena/village build, with built-in non-building functions, that would be activated by "missions", which are dictates handed down from the overlord.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Slave Mode: when starting out, you have to perform random tasks in astronaut mode for an NPC overlord of some kind, until you can buy your own freedom, and the equipment to start manufacturing your own blocks. This would require an arena/village build, with built-in non-building functions, that would be activated by "missions", which are dictates handed down from the overlord.
    Lol. I mentioned slaves once.
    It went silent and a gentle breeze picked up then a tumble weed rolled by. ;-)
    [doublepost=1504041745,1504041655][/doublepost]
    with built-in non-building functions, that would be activated by "missions", which are dictates handed down from the overlord.
    As in forced to mine deep down inside planets and asteroids. Sounds ominous and boring, but the key is there are weapons and ships near by for you to escape and kill the overlords. :)

Reaction score
    lol you guys

Bounty Hunter Mode - have to hunt down pirates and players for fun and profit

Reaction score
    I like the idea of a survival mode where you start with your bare hands on a planet and you need to work there for a while before you can finally build up the materials and factories to build a ship. It might introduce people to the basic mechanics of the game more gradually instead of throwing them into space and expecting them build a ship immediately.

Reaction score
    I like the idea of a survival mode where you start with your bare hands on a planet and you need to work there for a while before you can finally build up the materials and factories to build a ship. It might introduce people to the basic mechanics of the game more gradually instead of throwing them into space and expecting them build a ship immediately.
    I know right the only reason I could do anything was because I watch some videos before i downloaded the game

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I like to do something similar to "marooned mode". I call mine "Terraform mode".

I start with a small space capsule and land on a planet. I build a mining tower and use that to flatten the terrain while collecting resources. Then I build a city in much the same way as the old Sim City until the planet's terrain is barely recognizable.
    Mars.jpg Maximus Prime industry2.jpg Maximus before reset.jpg
    In multi-player, I did this to promote trade/tourism by way of attracting players. Works like a charm

Theoretically, the same could be done to attract NPC crew to add bonuses to ships, credits, resource gathering when Schine decides to make NPC crews a thing.

Reaction score
    I like to do something similar to "marooned mode". I call mine "Terraform mode".

I start with a small space capsule and land on a planet. I build a mining tower and use that to flatten the terrain while collecting resources. Then I build a city in much the same way as the old Sim City until the planet's terrain is barely recognizable.
    View attachment 44263 View attachment 44262 View attachment 44261
    In multi-player, I did this to promote trade/tourism by way of attracting players. Works like a charm

Theoretically, the same could be done to attract NPC crew to add bonuses to ships, credits, resource gathering when Schine decides to make NPC crews a thing.
    Nice id like that on single player because i cant get on the servers might be able to connect direct to another computer if I'm lucky

I see this mode starting being launched from a passing ship with what 2 Crew to start and the ship comes back every month to randomly drop between 1 to 4 crew some people might not leave the planet ever

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Nice id like that on single player because i cant get on the servers might be able to connect direct to another computer if I'm lucky

I see this mode starting being launched from a passing ship with what 2 Crew to start and the ship comes back every month to randomly drop between 1 to 4 crew some people might not leave the planet ever
    A lot of my interactions with other players on LvD took place on my planet. It had become a sort of neutral trading hub. Players would stop by, check out the scenery, chat, use the public factories and hospital, exchange technology, buy stuff, then head home. I had quite a few players say that they actually wanted to live there.

Since then, I've been experimenting with "hotels"/"apartments". I now have several living space examples; complete with a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen and small office space to access their rented on-planet storage depots.

This game is severely lacking in dedicated PVE content so I'm going to make some.

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    A lot of my interactions with other players on LvD took place on my planet. It had become a sort of neutral trading hub. Players would stop by, check out the scenery, chat, use the public factories and hospital, exchange technology, buy stuff, then head home. I had quite a few players say that they actually wanted to live there.

Since then, I've been experimenting with "hotels"/"apartments". I now have several living space examples; complete with a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen and small office space to access their rented on-planet storage depots.

This game is severely lacking in dedicated PVE content so I'm going to make some.
    ya some basic appliances and bathroom blocks are needed

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ya some basic appliances and bathroom blocks are needed
    So far, I'm using slabs for the sink, bathtub, toilet and mirror. Transporters make decent stove burners/food replicators. Medical cabinets make ok refrigerators.

Reaction score
    So far, I'm using slabs for the sink, bathtub, toilet and mirror. Transporters make decent stove burners/food replicators. Medical cabinets make ok refrigerators.
    ok ill try them out any thought on the subject at hand?

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ok ill try them out any thought on the subject at hand?
    I'm in favor of anything involving survival PVE. I like your original ideas as well as Valiant70's thread but I think these are all things that we; the players can already incorporate into our play styles. All it takes is some imagination and the willingness to step outside the more common play styles.

The key to the success of such a feature is to create incentives for players to explore and interact with the environment. Cities, outposts stations and ruins are a good start but we need more. No matter how complex the environment is, players will eventually get bored if there's no purpose or functionality behind it.

Personally, I'd like to see more development of the crew/NPC mechanic. Maybe when you build on a planet or station, NPCs will visit you and start to live there generating credits or resources. Like the movie says; "If you build it, they will come.".

Reactions: Asmodium
    Reaction score

I'm in favor of anything involving survival PVE. I like your original ideas as well as Valiant70's thread but I think these are all things that we; the players can already incorporate into our play styles. All it takes is some imagination and the willingness to step outside the more common play styles.

The key to the success of such a feature is to create incentives for players to explore and interact with the environment. Cities, outposts stations and ruins are a good start but we need more. No matter how complex the environment is, players will eventually get bored if there's no purpose or functionality behind it.

Personally, I'd like to see more development of the crew/NPC mechanic. Maybe when you build on a planet or station, NPCs will visit you and start to live there generating credits or resources. Like the movie says; "If you build it, they will come.".
    Agree. I hope they do some kind of population management sub game with the NPC's and crew. They talk about automated systems and populations and passive income in the game goals. This would be a good way to deliver that.