Lost my sound in game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ok, I had to re-install Starmade due something that corrupted my original install.

Deleted the entire SM directory after copying my blueprint directory to backup.

Ran the starter and did a completely new install.

Now I have no sound in game.

Suggestions?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There hasn't been sound since the last update.
    Oh .. thanx .. I didn't see anything on the board as to it being a bug.

EDIT: Actually after checking with others, no sounds is NOT universal, some have no sound at all since 221 .. some have sounds on some logins and not others.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Its certainly been temperamental lately. Sometimes a full system reset fixes it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I've had partial luck in regaining my sound. In the settings cfg folder "S_Sound_System_enabled" keeps reverting back to false for some reason, change it back to true and I get my sounds back. Unfortunately after playing for a while my sounds for placing blocks and inventory windows disappear, core sounds stay.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've had partial luck in regaining my sound. In the settings cfg folder "S_Sound_System_enabled" keeps reverting back to false for some reason, change it back to true and I get my sounds back. Unfortunately after playing for a while my sounds for placing blocks and inventory windows disappear, core sounds stay.

I'll try that and see what happens

EDIT: Yup that worked for background sounds .. and when I left the game settings.cfg had been reset to false again.

EDIT: As mentioned above .. the sound fix craps out after a random time.

Last edited: