Looting items in space

Reaction score
    As it stands it seems to be pretty dodgy.
    From what I can work out you can only loot items in space (drops from pirates) with a core of a ship, not just any part of the ship, and not floating around in your spacesuit.
    I think this should be changed to make any part of your ship pick things up, as well as being able to do so with just your spacesuit.

Another idea I had was a "scooper" block that you can attach to a ship, what this block can do is "link" to PlexStorage blocks, and will autofill the storage chests before your personal inventory.
    Thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, this definately needs to be implemented somehow.

Maybe some kind of tractor beam that would tractor the items into your ship\'s hold, but it should probably be a slow process to avoid so-called \"Ninja looting\".
    I would actually like to see different kind of storages that can hold different amounts (not only total number of stacks, but also the stackable amount), for different ships.
    Maybe it could work on the same principle as power cores, the more you stack of each item, the larger hold you get, for example: 1 small cargo hold would hold 1 stack of items, with a stack limit of 200, so then 5 blocks would mean 5 stacks with the limit of 1000 items in each stack.

Any inputs?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    seems to be a perfect use for the already existing salvage beams

Reaction score
    And schema plans to implement a similar sort of storage system (no details given beyond that yet sorry)

Reaction score
    Would being able to link plexstorage blocks to salvage beams/computers be an idea? Autofill chests before inventory.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would also be nice to have convyors with a sorting capability so I can offload all the random loot at my starbase, and it gets moved to storage correctly without me spending 20 minutes sorting it all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I like the idea of having some kind of beam or your ship to be able to pick up loot but more importantly I\'d like for the loot to appear on your screen like it does when there\'s some kind of unseen object in the area!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To know what you looted sounds like an important step, at least for when things are not so easy to get, and loot will be smaller, people will be interested in seeing wether that blue block was a L4, a L5 , and if it was just 1 piece or 50 :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some method of picking up all the little floating bits (without having an exposed ship block or just getting into your spacesuit and doing so manually....

Would be nice.

Perhaps a \"tractor beam\" device that can be aimed like a weapon/salvaage beam and will pick up items in a cone around it\'s aimpoint?

Perhaps additionally, the ability to ink it to one or more storage blocks so your loot goes directly to storage larger than your inventory?

Reaction score
    It would also be nice if you didn\'t pick up items after your inventory is full. These items just vanish, and aren\'t put on the ground. I found that our after I accidently tried to loot a pirate station with a full inventory.