Looting… am I doing this right?

Reaction score
    Some context:
    I am returning to Starmade after a 6 month or so absence and I am adapting to the changes that have taken place.

Typically I play on a “survival” PvE server.

Previously I would gather necessary loot from farming pirate space stations. I would loot the chests for recipes and angle type blocks to be used in ship/station construction.

Now station storage containers no longer provide loot and It is necessary to hunt pirate spawns to produce dropped items.

This is where I think I must be doing something wrong

Being new to the server, I fly a small ship (no turrets) and it takes me a few minutes to “dogfight” down a pirate till it drops a pile of loot in space.

1. If I am lucky I can see where the pile is dropped
    2. I fly my ship into the cloud of loot and my inventory instantly fills up (mostly qty. 1 item blocks)
    3. Change to ship edit mode to open the storage containers in my hold
    4. Shift click like mad to clear my inventory (still under fire from the other pirates)
    5. Flip back to flight mode to nudge around in the loot cloud to fill my inventory again
    6. Rinse repeat

This takes FOREVER and inventory management is MADNESS.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong!

I am open to suggestions and you input is welcome.

Thanks
    -Runeseer

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    well what you could do is link in stop modules to ur guns so when u kill hte pirate u can spot the loot since it will be held in place and loot were be were it is

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Some context:
    Now station storage containers no longer provide loot and It is necessary to hunt pirate spawns to produce dropped items.
    Sometimes the station storage has stuff, sometimes they are all empty. It's random. Keep looking and looting! Otherwise, yep, this is pretty standard. I also have trouble with managing inventory before loot disappears. We're all hoping for an inventory improvement of some kind that will allow us to more easily store stuff in owned storage containers.

Don't worry about getting recipes anymore. Recipes are no longer needed. The crafting system has changed away from recipies. Do start keeping your scanners peeled for ores and shards and capsules, which are used heavily in the new factory-based crafting system.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well if you open your inventory, at the top-right corner, (That corner? You'll see it.) There is a drop down menu and you can select the Plex Storages on your ship so you don't need to go into build mode.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I'm sure the storage system is getting looked at soon. There was some banter about it not long ago and that sort of thing ends up on a to do list. I know on my wishlist is glowing loot. That way you can spot it visually instead of just looping around to where the overheating core is and hoping it's near by or that the stop modules did their job.

EDIT: You can try coming up with a good system for storage and adding it as a suggestion.

Last edited: