Looking for input on my first ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys I've hit a creative block here and I nothing I seem to do, detail wise, do I end up liking. The only things I do like are the black,blue, and ice coloring in the front, the three blue stripes, the basic shape, and the general black black/blue color scheme. All the gray, white, hazard, and pretty much the entirety of the wing sections I don't really like and was wondering if anyone had any detail tips? Thanks everyone!

2016-02-12_00003.jpg 2016-02-12_00002.jpg 2016-02-12_00004.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'll say it looks kinda blocky but for a first ship it looks nice, should probably look into different ways of making the lit up areas (like using charged circuits and crystals combined with the other types of clear blocks). Also could you show us if it has an interior...though at its size it probably doesn't correct?

Reactions: alexsanderr
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some may not like it for being as blocky as it is, my goal was to make it somewhat resemble a hammer, as Hephaestus was the god of smithing. It actually does have a rather spacious interior for its size. Almost none of it is finished yet I wanted to do the hard part first (at least for me that's exterior detailing). I have a bunch of rooms labeled and laid out but nothing is in them, except a small hangar, let me upload that real quick.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The side could use some more detail. Put greebles, or fake interior, or turrets, or small side/rotation engine ports on it.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like the wings themselves.

The white stripe part on the wings are begging to be replaced with large cannons, engine pods, or vertical stabilizer wings. (Or a combination of all three.)

The hazard-surrounded sections on either side of the con tower could probably stand to be replaced by greebled vertical antenna arrays. Maybe a big radar dish.

If the grey striping were replaced with blue, it might provide a more unified color scheme.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Some may not like it for being as blocky as it is, my goal was to make it somewhat resemble a hammer, as Hephaestus was the god of smithing. It actually does have a rather spacious interior for its size. Almost none of it is finished yet I wanted to do the hard part first (at least for me that's exterior detailing). I have a bunch of rooms labeled and laid out but nothing is in them, except a small hangar, let me upload that real quick.
    the truth was I didn't know what you were doing with the ship...but since you were trying to stylize it into a hammer you did well

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Idea, turn it around.

Look at the shape of the historical symbol for Thor's hammer:
    Thor's Hammer 2

Put the heavy hammer head in front like it was being thrown.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Front feels truncated.

I agree with the other guy, adding more shaft and then a hammer on the front would make it look better.

I like the back and the bridge, very nice.