Looking for a harder Server

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Every server I find seems to have 100000% mining rates and ships the size of planets.

I really would like to find a server where planet sized ships are a huge achievement! Not something you build after 2 hours.

I would also love a server with a balanced player driven economy where you could make a living just by trading and buying low and selling high.

Does anyone know of any server that's fit one of these criteria?

Reactions: Arkudo

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Not really that sounds like a server where things are hard and people are lazy in general and used to the fast/instant gratification mentality of western life. Shattered Skies has a mining bonus of 12 x at max so I cant say it would fit your wishes to a T.

However I sure there are some more obscure servers out there that might run it. I do doubt they are heavily populated enough to constitute a experience anywhere resembling multiplayer. 5 people on hardcore in a infinite universe will get dull very fast.

Hoping someone else can chime in plugging said desired server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Depends where in the world you're located. If you're around the Australasian/West Coast USA region then I'd recommend the server I admin for, CraftAU. It'd only be if you have a ping of under 250ish though, otherwise they'd be some performance issues.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    BDLS and Comr4de's upcoming no shields hardcore server is around the corner. Should match the critera. A public build server, or something along those lines, will be available before release. I'm guessing around this weekend for the build server.

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What is the name of this server so I may look into it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Might I suggest coming and checking out the Noble Watchmen server, there is only one stocked shop (aside from Tradestations and player ran shops) and even then, it is not stocked very often. The mining rate is on the lower end and we have a moderatly high player base. There is no ship limits as of yet, just dont get crazy, and nobody is building super massive server crashing titans due to the scarcity of blocks. We would be happy to have ya!

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Agreed. I am NobleWatchmen guy. It may be the closest server to what you are looking for.
    It is much more challenging and the people are pretty good.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    In maybe 6-8 weeks, me and a bunch of friends are launching a hardcore survival server, with NPC factions, overhauled economy, and sensible faction territory. Maybe you could try it out when its done!

Reaction score
    Im running a server that is "survival" much harder then the other servers. The mining bonus is 1 if i remmbered correctly.
    Just hop in on the server and check it out?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    LCB Starmade Hardcore

Try this one. Pretty active, and it's definitely "hardcore."
    This is one to avoid until you have a long list of cheap easily replaced things you can upgrade later. Fun to watch the massacres going on though from spawn. :P That said if you can handle the planning and the sanity needed to come back from being ground into dust over and over this one is the place for you.

Im running a server that is "survival" much harder then the other servers. The mining bonus is 1 if i remmbered correctly.
    Just hop in on the server and check it out?
    Yep we're also a nice place to setup shop if you are getting use to the game. :P If I remember right aren't shops rarer than normal still so it means you have to hunt for the things.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This is one to avoid until you have a long list of cheap easily replaced things you can upgrade later. Fun to watch the massacres going on though from spawn. :p That said if you can handle the planning and the sanity needed to come back from being ground into dust over and over this one is the place for you.
    Do you know what the words "harder server" mean?

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    StormWing has never played on LCB and doesn't know what he's talking about, I'm afraid. Mass ganking only happens versus other established factions and has happened once (1) as a police action.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is one to avoid until you have a long list of cheap easily replaced things you can upgrade later. Fun to watch the massacres going on though from spawn. :p That said if you can handle the planning and the sanity needed to come back from being ground into dust over and over this one is the place for you.
    You get a pretty decent starter ship and a starter station. Once you start jumping from spawn to find a part of the universe to hide in, it's going to very unlikely you get taken down so easily & quickly.