longer dockign beam on big ships

Reaction score
    its possible to dock big carrier and turret ships now with the chain docking the only problem that i have runnend in with this is that the dockign beam doest have the range to get out of the ship my surgestion is that the beam gets a X amount ofblock infrotn of the last block of the ship or so so that its possible to get the big ship with a core in the middle and nto int he frotn docked or some thign that u can fire a dockign beam down so that u can dock when u are aboven the dockign module

Reaction score
    This could be very convenient for those that have very large ships, to make the docking beam\'s range scale up as the ship becomes larger.

Reaction score
    jup sinc emy ship is 374m logn has a core in the middle and i jsut cant get it docked the possibilty to fire a dockign beam down also means that teh ship turnign has to be fixed when u enter a cam that is facign down

Reaction score
    instead of having to shoot the docking node with a docking beam, just make a right click while in a large enough docking area dock the ship. left clicking would still be the docking beam, so you can open hangar doors, but it eliminates the need for a ship to be looking directly at a docking node to dock. the only requirement would be the ship core residing within an appropriate sized docking area.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Agreed, dokcing a long ship is a lot of pain that could be avoided. I think that a good solution would be to have the docking beam\'s origin be from whichever core/cockpit you are in when you use it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I definitely like MrFurbs idea, I was going to suggest something fairly similar. Basically, having a docking block that can be placed anywhere and the beam will come out of that instead of the core. Your idea is more simple though.

Reaction score
    we should have the beam comming from whatever cockpit your in or we should have the beam lengthened

Reaction score
    Hi,

I like MrFURB\'s idea best. At the moment, if the core is too far from the front of the ship, or the cockpit isn\'t lined up perfectly with the core, or if the mouse pointer isn\'t perfectly in the center of the HUD; then the docking beam misses. Having the beam come out of the currently selected cockpit would solve all of this.

Reaction score
    i like all of u guys inputs but yea a beam fired from the cock pit that u are in will solve all problems than u jsut have to palce a cockpit unde ru ship so that u can fly tight int o a hangar and dock instad of hafign to purn u ship all the way upside down and in toher strange possitions since a hangar that has been mate a perfect fot for u ship will not always suport a lot of turning space to dock but the idea if just fling in ot the docking zone and click si alo a good idea than u ship jsut has to fit and it will work out.

and than there is only one thign left that iritates my a little bit abotu dockign they are locked to possitions so facign up can only dock in the same line as the place that its docket on so if u got fighter bays at the side of u ship they cant just fly out in a line they have to go sidewards orturn that will also make it harder to make the ships look as u want it to look