• Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    people complaining about there not being sounds - there were more before xD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I know why your using this video, to demonstrate the old sounds that were in the game. but there is a problem, Yogscast is notorious for editing sounds into their videos, like when those fancy menus and that pop up pointing out the change of view to another persons video capture. so long story short not the best demo for the game, but yes you are right there were more sounds.

and the one point where the shop was making the big noises was cool, but sadly it was taken out.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I know why your using this video, to demonstrate the old sounds that were in the game. but there is a problem, Yogscast is notorious for editing sounds into their videos, like when those fancy menus and that pop up pointing out the change of view to another persons video capture. so long story short not the best demo for the game, but yes you are right there were more sounds.

and the one point where the shop was making the big noises was cool, but sadly it was taken out.
    i know yogscast edit in sounds, but it was the old sounds i meant :)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    what we really need is some music. its one thing that is entirely lacking and could change the game significantly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    to do any of that someone with sound programing experience needs to work for Scine.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Sounds in space... Meh. Maybe on planets but not in space. :confused:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418677932,1418677898][/DOUBLEPOST]Off-Topic: ?!? When was this emote added? :schema:

Reaction score
    Sounds in space is pretty easy to justify for the actor, observer and the acted upon.

actor- you firing your weapons, thruster, effects, etc..... create the sound when you use something on/as a part of your ship

observer- sensors translate what they observe into information for the the viewer: hud s, flashing colors and sounds are just a few possibilities

acted upon- when struck by an opposing ships weapons, thruster plume, or wandering objects they act upon and create a sound using your ships atmosphere.

None of the sounds created actually has to be similar even if they were all from the same source only the observer would really be able to choose what sound represented or resulted from an action but in all cases you could be an observer while simultaneously being one or both of the others.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sound is important, crimson has good sounds on his videos. I play with no sound, mainly because of the thrusters noise near the core and the amc being to loud no matter where you are..