Logical Color Control (Disco lighting)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This one is quick and simple:
    You can currently use logic blocks with adjacent rails to redefine the orientation and even the block type of logically connected rails... Why not do exactly the same for lights?

Get three or more activators each with a different color light next to it.
    Assign all the activators to the same light or group of lights.
    When you trigger one of the activators, all the slaved lights change to that color.

If that's TOO simple, this might even inspire a new "color" of paint which would essentially create logically controllable chameleon-hull.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, I positively HATE the current rail switching mechanic, but given the lack of a better solution for that, I suppose this wouldn't be a bad idea. The hull thing sounds weird though and may not be very feasible.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah... The rail-activator thing is weird and awkward... But I haven't managed to dream up anything more elegant as yet.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would like to see an option to use a switch block (the kind that switches between on and off when it gets a true signal) linked to a line of rails, to switch direction. That would save 3 blocks on smaller designs with a linear rail. More complex rails (E.g. more than 1-dimensional direction) would still need the existing rail-painting mechanic.

Reaction score
    I like the idea for lights this would make switching from white to red light much easier.