Recognized Logic Wishlist

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    So i was talking to a friend earlier and we came up with a bunch of features we'd like to see from logic. I checked the first few pages, but pardons if some of these have allready been posted:

• Activate/Deactivate AI blocks via logic input (If you have turrets with different purposes, like short range overdrive turrets for fighter defense you don't always want those active, or you might want to time turret firings)
    • Activation block next to AI block activates when turret has a target (Mostly wanted for cosmetic stuff, but also for example retractable turrets that automatically pop in/out during combat.)
    • Activate effect modules via logic (Think this was allready planned, just listing for completion's sake
    • Condition blocks that activate only when ship meets certain conditions. (Shield <50%, velocity > 100, Power < 10%, etc. Lots of uses for this, especially combined with AI control letting you switch of turrets when ship is damaged and not enough power. Could split these into one block type for the condition type and one for threshold so you dont need to fiddle with submenus on the blocks: PowerConditionBlock, ShieldConditionBlock, SpeedConditionBlock, <10% Block, >10% Block etc.)
    Sugestions from thread:
    Also, weapon computers should output logic signal when fired. This could allow us to have rotating minigun-like barrels for guns and so on. And ship hotbar activation blocks that don't toggle but instead output logic signal as long as the button is pressed down would be also nice.
    Also lets us work in more stuff with AI operated weapons, eg. for pirate ships

A logic activator I would love is one that activates when there's an enemy AI, for alert lights etc.
    Again this is also extremely useful for more elaborate pirate ship designs, such as launching fighters from pirate carriers

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Also, weapon computers should output logic signal when fired. This could allow us to have rotating minigun-like barrels for guns and so on. And ship hotbar activation blocks that don't toggle but instead output logic signal as long as the button is pressed down would be also nice.

Reaction score
    A logic activator I would love is one that activates when there's an enemy AI, for alert lights etc.

Rasor1911

Abusing Stealth since the dawn of time
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Personally on this feature, i think we should just change the activation block to only output when held down, instead of a new block.
    We would get it to toggle by simply linking it to a Flip Flop, a block which is already in the game.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally on this feature, i think we should just change the activation block to only output when held down, instead of a new block.
    We would get it to toggle by simply linking it to a Flip Flop, a block which is already in the game.
    Activators are already used in a lot of things in their current state, changing their functionality is a bad idea.

Reaction score
    Can't we have signal strength implemented?
    Seems to be the answer to a whole range of logic fidelity gripes.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd like to see more logic input-output available with factory and storage blocks. For example have factories output a pulse every time they successfully complete a production tick, or toggle an activator when they try to produce but lack materials - this would allow for things such as production timers to auto-deactivate factories after a certain amount of production cycles, so that you can do other things while factories are running without risking over-usage of materials. As for storage blocks, logic that triggers whenever a particular item is present, or that triggers when the storage block is full would be of great help to automatic storage and cargo transfer systems.

But add this to the list because all the previous suggestions are also very useful.

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    I'd like to see more logic input-output available with factory and storage blocks. For example have factories output a pulse every time they successfully complete a production tick, or toggle an activator when they try to produce but lack materials - this would allow for things such as production timers to auto-deactivate factories after a certain amount of production cycles, so that you can do other things while factories are running without risking over-usage of materials. As for storage blocks, logic that triggers whenever a particular item is present, or that triggers when the storage block is full would be of great help to automatic storage and cargo transfer systems.
    I'd like to keep the number of logic blocks in the game to a minimum; there are millions of niche logic blocks you can add that makes certain setups easier, but don't allow anything new. What you're describing can allready be done with timers and some extra inventories.

These two are definitely useful, mind if i add them to the OP in a quote?

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd like to keep the number of logic blocks in the game to a minimum; there are millions of niche logic blocks you can add that makes certain setups easier, but don't allow anything new. What you're describing can allready be done with timers and some extra inventories.
    You misunderstand me, sir. I wasn't talking about adding new logic blocks, merely expanding the functionality of factories and storage blocks to better interface with existing logic systems. I already know how to make a binary shift register with flip flops to count up or down, and while I could set up a timer to match the factory production ticks, it's much easier just to accept a pulse and decrement a counter whenever the factory cycles. It would take some editing of existing block functionality, but would not require any new logic blocks.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

But add this to the list because all the previous suggestions are also very useful.
    I've actually already built a smart factory system that cannot over use materials, if it runs out of any one of the materials it needs to produce an item it shuts off and flashes a light.

Reactions: JimmyJamba

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well tie me to a starship anchor and keelhaul me to to the Moon. If you don't mind, a little additional detail on how you accomplished such a feat?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well tie me to a starship anchor and keelhaul me to to the Moon. If you don't mind, a little additional detail on how you accomplished such a feat?
    Buffer chests! Chest 1 pulls the items needed for one factory cycle, chest two pulls from that, before being passed to a third chest for the factories. If chest one ever reads as empty it stops the machine. Any partial material quantities will be caught in the second chest when the next pull cycle attempts to gather the materials needed in chest one. The factories will clear out the third. You need a chest one for every material in the process but chests two and three can pull all items. My first system only used two buffer chests but with the annoying factory pull bug I had to use three to compensate.

Reaction score
    I think these are great ideas, but I think the hotbar is too small. I think that the hotbar should be enlarged, maybe into an extra split level so we can have all of the controls on there. We can then toggle with another button the keyboard for using the upper or lower level with the arrow keys, then still use the number keys to select the one we want to use.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I think these are great ideas, but I think the hotbar is too small. I think that the hotbar should be enlarged, maybe into an extra split level so we can have all of the controls on there. We can then toggle with another button the keyboard for using the upper or lower level with the arrow keys, then still use the number keys to select the one we want to use.
    Multiple hotbars are already in the devbuild.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It would be nice if rail connectors could be activated by logic. A friend of mine was just telling me how he wanted to put retractable landing gear on his ship, and have the rail connector in one of the feet.

It wouldn't need the creation of any new logic blocks, just make it so that an activator block could turn on the beam.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It would be nice if rail connectors could be activated by logic. A friend of mine was just telling me how he wanted to put retractable landing gear on his ship, and have the rail connector in one of the feet.

It wouldn't need the creation of any new logic blocks, just make it so that an activator block could turn on the beam.
    I hope this is one of the features that comes with magnetic docking.