Logic torpedo question

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Have someone tried to build a system launching pulse torpedoes?
    I think this could be a good way to use the power of this weapon despite the very small range, on planet or stations targets at least.
    By using effect like EMP or ION we would be able to have some variants.
    And there should be a way to active an explosive charge inside the torpedo at some point.

But I don't know if there is a way to do this work (just for fun) with the actual logic in the game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Use area triggers connected to a memory cell to trigger a clock that triggers the pulse. Easy enough.

Reaction score
    Well.... looks like its time for me to stop being lazy and learn the logic systems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well.... looks like its time for me to stop being lazy and learn the logic systems.
    I'm just getting into it myself. It is quite incredible to be honest, and once beams move with the ship I will make a really cool ship with equipable tools.

How? Well, the mothership will have the power and the thrust and the docked ship will only have salvage modules, logic and a storage.

What to do: If I'm not mistaken you can access inventories from docked ships. Using the new logic for storages I would add 1 item to a specific storage, which would then trigger a clock, and the clock would the. Trigger the salvage computer.

I would then have 5 tools each for salvage, power supply, astro technician, pull beams and push beams. Possibly more, but those are the only tools I can think of right now.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I actually made a very small drone that uses a push pulse to stun enemy ships. I linked an area trigger to a half adder. The half adder is linked to a delay loop that activates the pulse. So whe the drone gets deployed the area trigger touches something on the main ship and activates everything. I call it the skoomdrone:

Reaction score
    I'm just getting into it myself. It is quite incredible to be honest, and once beams move with the ship I will make a really cool ship with equipable tools.

How? Well, the mothership will the the power and the thrust and the docked ship will only have salvage modules, logic and a storage.

What to do: If I'm not mistaken you can access inventories from docked ships. Using the new logic for storages I would add 1 item to a specific storage, which would then trigger a clock, and the clock would the. Trigger the salvage computer.

I would then have 5 tools each for salvage, power supply, astro technician, pull beams and push beams. Possibly more, but those are the only tools I can think of right now.
    Man this game is awesome. I haven't felt this giddy joy for a game in a long time.

I'd definitely like to see that in action.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I could probably even build a station that would automatically push all modules to the main ship. Think of it like a train station, but then with spaceships.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    With your advices I managed to build this:
    starmade-screenshot-0002.jpg
    But still unfinished.
    There is an area trigger block to enable the weapon firing loop. I built a strong push weapon but with cannon secondary (100%) and overdrive effect (100%). I did this because I thought it would be possible to activate it while flying but it lacks damage this way. (It would be better with pulse/pulse/overdrive combo I think because of the way the weapon is triggered and maximize damage on impact) I'll build it better next time.

I'll keep the same hull that is 22m long 7x7 with the outlets
    the weapon is 16 block primary 16 block secondary 16 blocks overdrive (ill just switch the secondary to pulse)
    power is 8'200 e/s shield is 1k (33shield/s)
    I think I'll keep the systems like this unless I want to build a bigger pulse/more explosives

There is still some place in the back (I keep for the moment to acess core for testing) but will be filled with explosives
    once the big pulse/pulse/overdrive (nuke) weapon is working and tested I'll add the explosive detonation like 2sec after the first loop trigers the nuke weapon for more damages on the target and destroy the missile left