Logic suggestions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    First-XOR blocks. Why? because XOR is the only gate that will toggle whenever an input is toggled. If I want to have my hanger doors controlled from 8 different logic blocks, I need to make 7 2-input XOR gates out of the other logic blocks. (I believe it takes 9 logic blocks for that.) With a single XOR block, I can simply wire all of those up to the normal block and have it work. Now as for implementing it easily, the server can go through the inputs and toggle whenever an input is true.

Second-activation of the utility beams should be continuous. While I know that this would cause more server load, I know that having a repair beam or a salvager or power beam on for only a fraction of a second does nothing.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    um, you know that XOR is one of the few operations, that can vary for more then 2 inputs?
    Since it can be defined as: (or on all inputs) and (not (and on all inputs))
    or: 1=(amount of 'true' signals) mod 2
    As long as there are exactly 2 inputs, both behave the same, but for more(or less), they can differ.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Logic, Logic it's only logical More is better its almost phenomenal, logic locks on logic doors, logic lifter's for those floors, logic grouping "for my cores";)... and logic pulse for thrust of course!

Yes logics here but I only fear my logiastrotecharepairotron can't placed anywhere! I tried to the left not close to the rear, I need room for my ships :)p I like them in there).

Try as I may to aim it just right (no really tired been trying all night) activate the switch this big piece of junk still finds a way to shoot right out the front :mad:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    um, you know that XOR is one of the few operations, that can vary for more then 2 inputs?
    Since it can be defined as: (or on all inputs) and (not (and on all inputs))
    Er, no. Imagine that you have three inputs. with your algorithim, having one or two inputs on results in true. You lose the togglebilty from all inputs.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Er, no. Imagine that you have three inputs. with your algorithim, having one or two inputs on results in true. You lose the togglebilty from all inputs.
    That is exactly my point. Depending on what definition of XOR one uses, your switches become impossible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is exactly my point. Depending on what definition of XOR one uses, your switches become impossible.
    Which definition?
    One where it will only be true if there are an odd number of trues. If you take the outputs of multiple XORs and put them into another XOR, you basically take the inputs to the system and plug them into a single big XOR gate.