Logic Slaves

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    One thing I think would be very useful would be if we could use logic in the C/V master/slave linking.

For example, say you had a shipyard you shared with someone else and wanted the ability for it to toggle between your stores and theirs. Build a logic keypad, then link the final activator/not into the shipyard computer, and then one person's stores into either side.

Or you could have a set of explosive effects and a set of ion effects for the same weapon array and use a logic toggle to switch between them.

Basically have logic bridge between the master and the slave.

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    YES

Factory Enhancers linked to the factory through logic to turn them off/on depending on much much you want the factory to produce.

I would have a lot of fun setting this up! 9 - 100 groups, 9-10 groups, 10 singles to make any number up to 1000 :)

They would have to make it so factories couldn't double up enhancers somehow... Maybe a new "Logic Bridge" block which can only be slaved to one master, has 2 states (on/off) and only passes the slaves through when on.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The biggest argument against it I can come up with is an objection on being able to hotswap weapon builds in combat, but we can already do that. Anyone with a decently laid out bridge has the computers next to each other and can simply drop down into build mode for a second to re-link them manually.

YES

Factory Enhancers linked to the factory through logic to turn them off/on depending on much much you want the factory to produce.
    Yes, thats something I've seen other people doing manually as well. They put the enhancers so that the tips are in the walls above the factories and break them into sets of 10's, 100's, and thousands, and then hot link the factories as they go by Shift+V'ing the setup they want.

Would clean design up nicely if we could hide those more and simply have activators we could toggle between to set the density we wanted.

I mean, right now I get around this by simply having 4 different complete sets of factories all the time. Would be nice to reduce that down to one and just push a button to select between batch size.

Last edited:

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    No clue how difficult it would be on the dev team, but this is definitely something I'd love to see incorporated into the game. +1

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I mostly want this for hotswapping weapon computers, heh... Could save me a hell of a lot of space if I could have one missile array serve as swarmers AND four missile/beam missiles AND a single nuke by linking or unlinking a single connecting missile tube or something. "Fire torpedoes! Full spread!" "Fire torpedoes! Maximum yield!"

If I could hotswap between Beam/Ion and Beam/EMP it'd be cool too.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447434969,1447434645][/DOUBLEPOST]Sidenote, though, you MIGHT just want to change the title of this thing to "System link changing via logic" or something.

Reactions: jayman38

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    As much as I like the idea I think a better alternative would be to convince people that its worth having a second player crew-member to fulfill the same function of re-linking computers. Would be a legitimate reason/advantage to have 2 players crewing a ship.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As much as I like the idea I think a better alternative would be to convince people that its worth having a second player crew-member to fulfill the same function of re-linking computers. Would be a legitimate reason/advantage to have 2 players crewing a ship.
    So basically screw anyone playing single player then, eh?