Logic Pulse Receiving Transporter Computer/Pad

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Fairly simple request, have a transporter computer or even the pads send a logic pulse when it receives a beam-in. So we can hook a gravity unit into it to counteract the fact that transporting disables the gravity.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have a blanket of area triggers on top on my transporter pads, it sets gravity as soon as I land on the pad. I don't know if that will work for multiple players though.

Still going to say +1, I am always for getting more logic feed back from stuff, leads to tons of uses.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Or, y'know. Just have beaming to a ship automatically align you to it.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Or, y'know. Just have beaming to a ship automatically align you to it.
    Oooo! Even better idea (well, in addition to that.) If you put a Gravity Generator adjacent to a Transporter Computer, it automatically puts you in the gravity of the entity that the Gravity Generator is associated to. That sort of plays to the MineCraft-like 'block combos' setup that's already going on in the game. No area triggers needed at all!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oooo! Even better idea (well, in addition to that.) If you put a Gravity Generator adjacent to a Transporter Computer, it automatically puts you in the gravity of the entity that the Gravity Generator is associated to. That sort of plays to the MineCraft-like 'block combos' setup that's already going on in the game. No area triggers needed at all!
    I'd not mind if you could link a gravity generator to it with V, but no more adjacency stuff... Adjacency mechanics are just confusing and cause problems. (They also limit creativity...)