Logic Pulse Exploding Toilets Broke My Single Player

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So I'm putting a holding cell kind of prisoner area in the ship I'm currently working on. Sector size is set to 4000, big enough to comfortably work on the ship and watch the NPC Traders fly around, without any lag except a very occasional hiccup. I know how people have been using Cannon Barrels as toilets. I also know how people have been putting Pulse systems in their ships to repel boarders. I put two and two together and thought wouldn't it be a great idea to have the constable's desk in the holding area have a Logic Button that could make the Pulse Toilets explode to subdue unruly prisoners?

I'd slave it to a Cannon System, 100%, of course, to hopefully not kill them. I'm intending to place some NPCs there assuming they don't fall out of the ship anymore whenever it moves, but it would be nice to trap some actual players there as well. Anyway, I first tried activating it from a simple Button. Figured one single blast from the system should do, right? It didn't fire, and told me an error had occured on the server. So I tried an Activation Module instead.

I was suddenly spammed with nonstop "Under heavy load, game is trying to catch back up" messages. For over a minute. I exited to desktop. The game is still trying to shut down, and it's been like that for 20 minutes now. The toilets never even exploded.

UPDATE: we can all breathe a sigh of relief, Ctrl+Alt+Delete ending the program and I was able to fire it back up and the ship is safe and sound. Though it does seem to have gone back in time about 3 minutes, as the Pulse Toilets have uninstalled themselves. But please try to remember not to install Logic Pulse Exploding Toilets onto your own ships, they are currently not working as intended.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Agame3