Logic powered tutorials

Reaction score
    So I spend an inordinate amount of my time pondering what interesting new things I can design in Starmade, and one thought just came to mind that I thought might be worth putting out there among our builders.

Logic powered tutorials.
    Imagine this:
    You download a new mining ship from the dock here. The hallways are a maze, therr are a million buttons, and you can't find the bathroom...

Well, just activate the "tutorial" function on a display computer next to the core and jump in. The program puts up a series of text prompts and explanations in front of a camera on a rail that guides you through the ship and it's functions!

What do you think? Fun, or pointless? Or both! ;P

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Build it, and they will download....

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Wouldn't it be easier to record a video tour of your ship, upload to YouTube, and include the link on the download page in the dock? Make it kind of like an infomercial or commercial for your ship?

Either way, could be fun to do.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wouldn't it be easier to record a video tour of your ship, upload to YouTube, and include the link on the download page in the dock? Make it kind of like an infomercial or commercial for your ship?

Well, the key word for me was "tutorial". Ship commercials are nothing new. With that said, an infomercial would be funny. "I'm Billy Mayes, and I'm gonna show you this amazing Dishwalla-brand (tm) branching docking system for a carrier, which will clear the sky of all drones in a matter of seconds! It's amazing!"

Reactions: Stormraven
    Reaction score

Yes it would. It would also be nowhere near as awesome! LoL

Well, the key word for me was "tutorial". Ship commercials are nothing new. With that said, an infomercial would be funny. "I'm Billy Mayes, and I'm gonna show you this amazing Dishwalla-brand ™ branching docking system for a carrier, which will clear the sky of all drones in a matter of seconds! It's amazing!"
    Ahahahahahahah!
    The name of my shipyard is Hrolfsson Heavy Industries, so named for Giermund Hrolfsson "Heljarskinn".
    I'm so torn between doing a Billy Mayes impression, or a super thick Icelandic-ish accent.

"Yoo-hoo! Hallo! Dis is Harald Hrolfsson with an amAAzing new product from Hrolfsson Heavy Industries, don'cha'know."

Reactions: jayman38