Logic Parser Block

Reaction score
    I suggest a logic parser block is implemented which operates almost the same as the display block.

You input a logic expression which is evaluated every tick. The block outputs a true or false which can be linked to other logic blocks. The block should be bound to the entity/ship core and should be able to use most entity information.

I don't know what the ship object contains but I assume such information as mass, trustX/Y/Z, maxTrustX/Y/Z, speedX/Y/Z, maxSpeedX/Y/Z, shields, maxShields, power, maxPower, HP, ... all is bound to each entity/ship core.

Examples:
    • trustZ > 0.05 * maxTrustZ
    • shields < 0.1 * maxShields
    This block opens up a lot of possibilities such as trust dependable engine animation or make a ship contract when shields are low. Also one can automate a ship with logic, such as an automatic self-destruct function, automatic jump drive, alarms when sound blocks are implemented and much more.

I suggest you make a descent parser with ANTLR or a similar generator.

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    automate a ship with logic, such as an automatic self-destruct function
    OMG you cowardly carebear, bereaving honest PvPers of the hard earned fruits of their labour... ;)

You're not the first to suggest this, and you'll probably not be the last, but I do hope that in some form or other something like this will eventually happen.