Logic... Lots and lots of logic

Should construction continue

• Drop the project

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have a problem and have decided, public opinion might help.

I currently have a project I am working on. It is a working version of the board game battleship, on a ship.
    However I have run in to a big problem. I have all the logic worked out on paper and about 60-75% of it made, but loading it is ridiculous. It can take from 10-20 minuets atleast to load the current logic.

In explanation, every time a server is started or a ship spawned, all the logic has to be loaded. The ship and all its physical components will be there, however the logic system will not work until it is loaded in. This heavy load causes two problems. 1. Loading this ship would take a long time(most people would get bored and delete it). 2. I have not tested (I only play in single player), but loading it in and using it could cause major server problems.

I need help deciding if I should finish this project and release it, or just wait for a possible update that would speed up the logic loading time.

This is the logic now.

Thanks for your assistance!

Reactions: Mariux and Keptick

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Go for it! Even if it doesn't work right now, someone else might pick it up later and finish it. Also, logic systems will probably be more optimized in the future, making it work better on its own. Not to mention, inspiring someone else to work on something similar. New minigames like this will add more good stuff to the community. Thank you!

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A third option would have been good, all else fails blow it up lol, too complex for me:)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    My god, that thing is glorious!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    hm. This is quite the predicament, I say go for it. If it doesn't work out, according to the scientific method your findings will still be useful, and could possibly even lead to new investigations.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This will most likely become the largest logic based project StarMade has ever seen. I encourage you to finish, but the choice is yours.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    go for it man, chances are later on the game will be faster at loading in logic. also how in the hell did you manage that? the biggest logic system I've seen.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whatever you do, and this is very important, do not, I repeat, DO NOT! unload the sector.
    OTHERWISE ALL YOUR LOGIC CONNECTIONS WILL BREAK!

This is a known bug, and I just remembered about it, and felt I had to warn you.

takethispie

Titan-class builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    there is also another issue that make me stop my 32bit CPU project, it's a problem with finite state machine not being updated correctly
    wich means I can't use registers for example :/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well that was unanimous. I will finish it and release it. Fully built with exterior, interior and systems(probably no weapons(cause its a game ship)) Also I will attempt to do an explanation of the logic systems. They aren't complicated just big.

Thank you community, Expect to see this ship out within a few weeks (limited time to work on this,sorry...)!

Reaction score
    Nah scrap it, it's shit. *Has rainbows and clocks thrown* I was kidding!

Damn, a brand new member and he brings THIS to the table. Battleships huh? I can't wait too see it in action.

Is it me or are there an awful lot of really talented logic guys here? Do we have electricians in our midst?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    pushing the limit of the games capabilities exposes its weaknesses so schema can fix them, file a bug report :)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is awesome. I'd really wish to see this completed.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Remind me of the time I built a working tamagochi in Minecraft, this was before we had all the fancy things like comparators and super tiny hopper clocks.