Logic help

Reaction score
    I wanted to step up a light that would turn off when a ship was docked, and back on when it left. I can get it to turn off when the ship enters, but when it leaves the light stays off, therefore when I dock again the light is on, which I dont want. Any help is appreciated.

~Toast

Reaction score
    How do I get the area thing to turn on the button then?

~Toast

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    How do I get the area thing to turn on the button then?

~Toast
    Oh I thought you had a activator next to a rail. Have you tried doing that? When a object docks to a rail that has a button or activator touching it it will turn on that button/activator.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, put an activator touching the rail that you are using for your docking block. Any time something is connected to that block, the activator will be on. Whenever something leaves, it will turn off. Tie your lights into that activation block.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't follow you. I am really bad with logic.
    You have two rails, one you dock to and one and that your ship gets moved to after docking. That rail has an activator next to it wired into a NOT wired into your lights. When you dock to the first rail it will move you to the second, that rail will detect your ship and turn on the activator which will turn off the NOT causing the light to shut off.

Reaction score
    You have two rails, one you dock to and one and that your ship gets moved to after docking. That rail has an activator next to it wired into a NOT wired into your lights. When you dock to the first rail it will move you to the second, that rail will detect your ship and turn on the activator which will turn off the NOT causing the light to shut off.
    Alright I'll try it and report back. Thanks for the help seriously.

~Toast

Reaction score
    Shameless self-plug again, but if you look at my last 2 screenshots in my last post, I think you are trying to do the same thing.
    <a href="http://starmadedock.net/threads/krougals-driveyards.7114/#post-110962">Krougals Driveyards</a>
    Rail doesn't need to be as long as mine, and it's hard to see, but there's an activator at the very end of the line (in the floor under the wall mounted activator). It closes the hangar door, opens the cargo bay forcefield and turns the red light off and the green light on once the ship reaches the end rail.