Logic discussion thread.

Reaction score
    It might be far before we get any updates to the system, but already I really like it. Let's discuss the Logic system, what we've created, what we want to create, any questions and what you'd like to see.
    Personally I'd like to see a sound block that uses the game's sounds, and a way to activate blocks with the docking laser. This might belong in /suggestions though.

Apparently the most recent update allows docking modules to trigger blocks, but I can't seem to connect them together. Anyone know how to do this? (I want to make a room that has a light that tells you what ships has docked or left.

Reaction score
    Try just placing them adjacent, and see if it activates when you dock. That was my understanding of the news.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you use free-floating ships in stations?

I tried this on a ship, but it broke every time I moved the master ship by leaving build mode.

I guess there are a lot of collision checks and lag :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah, it's a free-floating ship on a very (block for block) tight rail. Use push/pull beams to move

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Logic creations? I made a working elevator for stations.

Better doors:

and of course, rising/extending turret platforms!
    I know this is an old thread so sorry bout that but I just have to say that these are freakin amazing. Oh and Schema has confirmed all sorts of movement blocks so stuff like this will be easier to create.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I know this is an old thread so sorry bout that but I just have to say that these are freakin amazing. Oh and Schema has confirmed all sorts of movement blocks so stuff like this will be easier to create.
    Movement blocks.

I am now going to cry tears of chocolate happiness.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Lemme lick em! dat free chocolate!! :eek: you'll cry forever!
    Let's not go into the disturbing part here. :p
    Eye licking = disturbing to a factor of 100000000000000000000000000000000000~

(But yes, movement blocks means.... MECHAS)

Reaction score

Not the eyes! The tears! :eek: I would never lick eyes!! :eek:

Reaction score

Back on topic, I'll enjoy building some ground unit when that'll be possible!

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    And useful
    Exactly. Planets needs to be more rare and usefull. Players needs to have reason to protect them.
    If we want gravitational warfare, then ground vehicles needs to have some adventage over attacks from space.

I also imagine that due to size of land vehicles, they will be mostly remote controlled, or AI controlled swarm.

Can't wait to make some drop pods :D

Reaction score
    Exactly. Planets needs to be more rare and usefull. Players needs to have reason to protect them.
    If we want gravitational warfare, then ground vehicles needs to have some adventage over attacks from space.

I also imagine that due to size of land vehicles, they will be mostly remote controlled, or AI controlled swarm.

Can't wait to make some drop pods :D
    I think the rarity could be created by setting really large sector in size and having large sized planets as treasures.
    Fewer in quantity since they are separated by so much distance from each other, but when you find one, you want to keep it to yourself or your team to mine it.

In the future, there might be some renewable resources that are found exclusively on planets that might be useful in crafting or something, thus creating a need for it and a reason to fight for it...

Just some thoughts on the idea.

Otherwise, Fight my minions! FIGHT! :p

Reaction score
    Anyone know if it's possible to make an X-OR gate with what we have...I cant seem to transfer redstone over to blocks/modules...anyone? Ta :)