Logic Charged Jump Drive?

Reaction score
    Hey guys, I've been away from starmade for a minute so pardon my question, and I did "search" but couldn't find the answer...

Did they change it so Jump Drives can be charged and used via logic? I've seen a few posts mentioning using this trick, but not how it's done. When I left, this was not something you could do, so I started checking patch notes and couldn't seem to find anything.

While I'm at it, if anyone could just confirm I'm crazy on this other issue as well: Did I read something about shops being able to siphon inventory from storage now? Maybe that was just a suggestion, and I mixed it with the shipyard block being able to do that... but I thought I caught that somewhere and wondered if it were true since I can't find any follow up info on it.

Thanks guys, fly safe!

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Logic charged, and fired jumpdrives are now possible. They only charge or jump on the the rising edge though, so you have to use a clock. I don't think shops can do that, I'm not sure, shipyards can though.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    indeed jump drives can be charged and fired with logic. however they charge much slower than normal and can be little unreliable.

I'm working on a R&D log video that goes more in depth with its mechanics

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This was in .19485 release notes "...Also there was a bug that any multi slot item in an inventory of a deconstructed ship was lost. This is now also fixed. The bug that ships are cut off was already fixed in the last release."

Reaction score
    Logic charged, and fired jumpdrives are now possible. They only charge or jump on the the rising edge though, so you have to use a clock. I don't think shops can do that, I'm not sure, shipyards can though.
    Anyone care to point me to the patch notes on this? I can't figure out how you are supposed to charge the drive with logic and still allow activation.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Anyone care to point me to the patch notes on this? I can't figure out how you are supposed to charge the drive with logic and still allow activation.
    this appears to have been in the game before the most recent patch, i discovered this a few weeks ago.

currently theres no way to tell if a logic input will charge the drive or fire it. thats why its a little impractical atm. you can't see the charge lvl and at any moment you could jump when you're not expecting to. you can rig up a manual activation by connecting a button to a low signal clock (a logic clock that is activated with an off signal rather than a high)

Reaction score
    this appears to have been in the game before the most recent patch, i discovered this a few weeks ago.

currently theres no way to tell if a logic input will charge the drive or fire it. thats why its a little impractical atm. you can't see the charge lvl and at any moment you could jump when you're not expecting to. you can rig up a manual activation by connecting a button to a low signal clock (a logic clock that is activated with an off signal rather than a high)
    Thanks. I'll have to play with it then.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can also get it to charge faster if you have a faster clock.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Basically, when it's charged, and receives a high signal, it jumps.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Keep in mind it still obeys the same rules as players when activated, for example no jumping while docked.
    Drives have 33 charge ticks per second when player charged from my experimenting, when logic charged it is 1 tick per high signal.