Logic block docking connector... WHUT?

Reaction score
    Could someone explain this to me? The colours are actually making it hard to read. I keep getting thrown off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    whiterhino16 Ships will be able to be undocked by logic activators, hopefully in the next update... about 30% complete...maybe more things will be added to logic in the future.

This thread started with the basic idea of a ship... capable of launching fighters and repairing ships with the push of one button... all controlled through logic.

In the coming updates (2-3 from now (maybe depending on what other things are done first)) though we will have better AI and fleet control and other things that would make a major part of my first idea un-needed, although some things could still be utilized.
    The ability to dock automatically would be done by NPC crew, AI or fleet command.
    !!! \0/\o/\o/\o/\0/ !!!
    YAY!!!

The only thing I'd like to still be implemented is some method of moving my ships throughout my hangars (like a soda machine) and repair them then store them away for re-launch. Unless those are also implemented... in the not so distant future I see us use the personal computers not unlike ComputerCraft... but that involves a lot more coding though I'm sure this is direction that schema would like to take other things can come first like FTL and this may be a lot sooner than you may think ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Yeah that would be a pretty cool idea with the flight patterns and formations.
    Well the lag generated by the size of the ships docking is determined by the user, its not really so much to do with the docking, if the ship is too big it wouldnt be able to dock in the first place or if its changed it wont be able to do and can just exclude it from docking procedure, in that case that message can be prompted. And if that happens there could be an option to cancel the procedure if you forget.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey everyone! Ships can now be undocking using a logic activation switch... Now you can undock as many fighters as you want at one time! Thanks so much AndyP and schema for listening to me! I know I'm only one of many voices and taking the time to consider this will greatly effect gameplay.

Now I'm off to test more logic and think of a way to return my ships until the AI and NPC update.

Reaction score
    There was already an option to undock all ships, though is hard to find but there is an option to undock all ships

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There was already an option to undock all ships, though is hard to find but there is an option to undock all ships
    ...Not without undocking your shuttles and other non-fighter docked ships along with your fighters.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Doomerzzz
    ...Not without undocking your shuttles and other non-fighter docked ships along with your fighters.
    This is why... the option you said isn't hard to find its in the structure menu... effective only in emergency evacuation situations or ejection of damaged turrets as decoys to escape when your ship becomes non combat effective