Logic activated salvage not salvaging

Reaction score
    I've built a small mining ship that has a rotating "drill head." When rotating the salvage computer fires its beams as expected, however it doesn't actually salvage anything. I can see the beams hitting the asteroid and even not passing through the asteroid.

Is this expected?

Reaction score
    To start with a disclaimer, I haven't played much with any version after the "power update". It may actually be broken but make sure you have cargo/storage linked to the salvage computer, the beams will not harvest blocks if there is no place for the blocks to be stored. In manually fire salvage beams without storage/cargo linked to it the blocks used to go to the players inventory, with logic activated beams there is no player inventory to send blocks to.

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've built a small mining ship that has a rotating "drill head." When rotating the salvage computer fires its beams as expected, however it doesn't actually salvage anything. I can see the beams hitting the asteroid and even not passing through the asteroid.

Is this expected?
    Logic Salvage no longer works. Salvage now requires a continous signal to fire, so logic can't do it anymore

Reaction score
    So was this ever figured out?

I just came back to starmade after a LONG break, because I kinda like the concepts in the new power/weapons update.. and had a similar idea to the OP.

I wanted to make an unfolding array/line of salvage that slowly rotates.

What about with a really fast clock? Or any amount of intermittent pause makes this impossible?

I really despise giant waffle boards, so I'm hoping there's some sort of workaround for this

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So was this ever figured out?

I just came back to starmade after a LONG break, because I kinda like the concepts in the new power/weapons update.. and had a similar idea to the OP.

I wanted to make an unfolding array/line of salvage that slowly rotates.

What about with a really fast clock? Or any amount of intermittent pause makes this impossible?

I really despise giant waffle boards, so I'm hoping there's some sort of workaround for this
    I was doing some testing recently and salvage can be used with just a basic clock. It had been broken but now it works now