Bug LockOn turrets causing massive lag

Reaction score
    Trying to test what the AI is capable of, I created a small turret for my faction base; equipped with dual lockOn missiles. I then spawned a few NPCs, using the /initiate_wave command.

Well, few seconds after the command, the server froze. I had the "Server doesn't answer" warning for like 2 minutes, the game crashed thereafter. The missiles were all like "Yay, let's make circles!", and just kept spinning forever.

A small look at the logs tells me it's something with the acquisition system, since the following line:

[2014-09-03 12:12:42] [AI] Hidden Entity. Getting new Target

...showed up like 15 times per second.

Full logs attached.

SSG Harpoons are LockOn turrets.
    SSG Typhoons are heavy AMC turrets.
    SB Nahemas are bombers (with heat-seeking missiles and torpedoes).

Crash did NOT occur before putting LockOn turrets on the station, I tested with only Typhoons and Nahemas several times and everything was fine.

EDIT 1: Nahemas use Missiles with Pulse slave, while Harpoons use Missiles with Beam slaves. Tho I think the issue comes from the turrets inability to fully rotate, thus spamming a target acquisition function.

EDIT 2: Turns out that for some reason, the Nahema started firing volleys of 80 heat-seeking missiles at once, when there is, supposedly only one array of heat-seeking missiles, thus causing severe lag, sounds unrelated to the new turrets, and I'll keep testing.

Attachments

Last edited: