Locking ships

Reaction score
    Recently my faction has a problem with a griefer infiltrating us.. while this is my fault it brought up the idea of a way to lock YOUR ship to prevent even other faction members from doing anything to it without your permission. That could be ranged from placing removing blocks or even getting into the core, or maybe something not so extreme... a way to prevent other players from saving blueprints without the creators permission after they get into your ship. I understand they can't buy your ships if you set the permissions to prevent this.

Reaction score
    No im not talking about faction blocks. they do not serve the purpose i am bringing up in this topic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont agree, you should not be able to lock your ships.

The game is pretty easy to get away from griefers...

Kill another player, steal their ship, that is part of the game. If you make it easy and leave your ships lying around, and dont protect you assets, your stuff will become someone elses.

How is the griefer getting in your ship anyway?

how is lockable ships going to effect rewards of combat? when you pvp and take a ship, what happens when it is locked?

silly idea

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think he\'s meaning to stop untrustworthy people who make their way into a faction from jumping into other people\'s ships and stealing the blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This is already implemented mate, in two ways actually: permissions and admins. A good server will actively make sure to lock down bp\'s and you don\'t have to have factions be open.

Reaction score
    I was one of the victims of this issue, basically a Greifer was invited to join the faction and played nice till there were some nice ships around even thou they have faction blocks on them a faction member can steal that ship remove the faction block and save a blueprint of the ship for them self which is what happened in this case,

What we are talking about is an added feature to the faction block that allows you to lock that ship disallowing even faction members from editing the ship or entering the core, but with the addition of a \"white list\" to allow certain people to fly and edit said ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    a little bit of topic. but people should also be unable to remove blocks from shielded ships. however, they should be able to salvage and remove bloks from unshielded ships with people in them(at reduced salvaging rate). and i think you should need a specific block(say a lock) on your ship to lock it to you and you alone. so i agree with your idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    a guy jumped onto my first ship and stole all my modules

i had to buy them again again again and again.

i had no money within 2 hours of this

so i had to play single player instead :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    These are all good ideas that would be better suited in the suggestions forum.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There needs to be a way to protect your ships from having their blueprints stolen. I think that having your ship stolen is fine, but having its blueprint stolen is unacceptable :L.

Reaction score
    ...You could just buy a faction module and put yourself in a one-man faction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Blueprint protection is a good idea.

As long as we have an option to turn it off. I may want to protect some of my ships, but others I am perfectly fine with handing out to people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do you really think that the game is intended to have paranoid single factions? If there were huge factions, then diplomacy between factions would be much more interesting, and there would be epic conflicts

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just imagine the large scale wars between the factions, large dreadnought destroiers coming into view followed by frigets (sorry if misspelled) and those inturn followed by smaller fighter ships. Your plantary or floating faction base can go under siege, your fighter pilots rushing to their ships while those who are mining get called back so they can help defend. Your faction launching their own destroiers and a large space battle starts. Of course there has to be a rule of no deathanator thing (the respawn cube thing) is to be placed in the base. If you die you HAVE to respawn back at the starting area in 2,2,2 cause it\'s not fair if your guys get killed and respawn back at base where all they need to do is hop into a ship and fly back out. The thought of dropships with tanks and extra soldiers/players can be dropped at the planet base (once characters are giving guns and such) they can go and use explosives to blow base from the inside. These battles would be legendary, of course if people don\'t go off doing their own shit and ruining everything for everyone

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The option to share blueprints, maybe the blueprints show to those who you have whitelisted while others who aren\'t whitelisted can\'t see your blueprints.

Reaction score
    I can understand locking ships and disabling others from using your blueprint on the catalogue, however I think that if someone accesses one of your ships computers, they should be able to steal the blueprint. It\'s a simple concept in the game, you place a computer on a ship, the computer scans the surrounding blocks and enables them for use, so what would honestly be stopping an intruder from downloading the blueprint if it\'s on that computer. It adds a lot to the game when you can stealthfully invade an enemy factions base and steal their ship designs in order tell your factionmates the ships strengths and weaknesses or use the ship itself. As for new faction members griefing you, hope that plexdoor locks are made later on, or better yet, invite people you trust and not just some random who\'s been eyeing your ships for long periods of time lol.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you\'ve got an open server with the link posted online, maybe you shouldn\'t let random people join your faction.

An open server is sort of like a DayZ server. It\'s pretty much everyone for themselves. Large factions can still arise from admin moderation, or a server not everyone is privy too.

You need to vet people, or maybe get their trust in some other way. Or make them bring in a large ship or lot\'s of resources, so if they betray you they lose their initial investment.

Sort of like a gang, in a sense. Maybe they have to kill a member of another specific faction to prove their loyalty. Or make them bring one of each block from the different planets. Or chat with them beforehand in other ways than just in game.

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I fully support the idea of locking ships from people. If you make a public ship for your faction to use, you leave it unlocked. If you make a big ship you want to show off but nobody to enter it and copy/steal it then you should be able to say, place a Lock Block, that when activated makes only the owner of the ship be able to open plex doors and enter the core.
    You can still destroy the ship if it\'s flying around, but you can\'t just enter it if you and the owner share the faction.