Read by Schine Locking AI Turrets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    so, we've all been there, where you have 6 turrets on a ship, and you accidentally hit the wrong arrow key, and get stuck trying to navigate your way around the multiple turrets, and accidentally disable all of your ai's along the way.

My suggestion, is that when you go into the bobby ai module, there should be a box that says "lock AI" where you can keep the turret as an AI, and make it no longer something that you can take control of while inside of the ship. simple enough to do, and would save a ton of time

Reactions: Blaza612
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I understand your concern, but the necessity of such change is miniscule. What we need is an ability for "Activate all AI" command, available trough Rail system in Ship Structure tab, to parse trough all the slaved entites. Docked ships and one-axis turrets will be activated by it, but two-axis turrets will not.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I understand your concern, but the necessity of such change is miniscule. What we need is an ability for "Activate all AI" command, available trough Rail system in Ship Structure tab, to parse trough all the slaved entites. Docked ships and one-axis turrets will be activated by it, but two-axis turrets will not.
    I'd say both are just as important to implement, and would end up being part of an overall AI fix.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Then don't. Its amusing how it was never an issue to me, ever.
    this issue arises when you have both docked ships and turrets on a larger ship. I enjoy building larger vessels with lots of turrets, and at least a few places to dock. too many turrets removes the functionality of the feature. locking the ones that you would not need to enter is a simple fix.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    this issue arises when you have both docked ships and turrets on a larger ship. I enjoy building larger vessels with lots of turrets, and at least a few places to dock. too many turrets removes the functionality of the feature. locking the ones that you would not need to enter is a simple fix.
    I concur.

Reactions: Xielvanic