Locating planets you have built on?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, i was have seen and was thinking about building a station on a planet for our faction, but other than having someone online 24/7 so we know where the planet is how can we find it seeing as planets move around all the time?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m still kinda new to the game, so if I get something wrong sorry.

If you set the planet as your faction home you can just look at your faction info for the faction homes coordinates. If its not your faction home, just write the coordinates in the faction news so you won\'t lose them.

Then you can set a waypoint in the navigation menu for a marker that will guide you there.

Reaction score
    Also for what i saw, only planet for now can be set as faction home. Can\'t do that for just a station or empty sector.

edit: oops. Looks like faction home is set from the Faction module, not the UI. That\'s why i didn\'t see option to set homes...

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I just set a SS as faction home this morning. Don\'t know why it wouldn\'t work. Planets + SS (Player made and random) are usable for that purpose.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First part you said about making it the faction home might work, although it would stuck if its the only way as you couldnt have 2 planetary stations then, the second you can just write down the coords as i said before the planets are always moving so unless the sector are moving with them (which i diont think they do) if you wrote dont the coords when you arrive the planet wont be there and you will have to wait until it cycles back round to you again as it orbits the sun.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    the sectors the planets are in move with them so just note the sector down

Reaction score
    planets cannot leave the sectors they are in. however, the sectors can rotate around the sun. kinda. the sectors are in the same place but you enter at a different side depending on the orbit location of the sector.

Reaction score
    have you built a turret on your home planet? if so, /search \"nameoftheturret\" and it\'ll display the sector it\'s in. Then, set you waypoint and fly there :) otherwise, I wish you the best of luck finding it.

Reaction score
    Write down the coordinates of the planets you build on. Make a note beside the numbers so you know what it is. The planets do move around the star but the sector is the same. I\'ve been flying back and forth from the planet my friend and I have been working on for about a week, it\'s always in the same sector.

Reaction score
    It would be very nice to have this done automatically, and be part of the faction tab (Faction Owned Structures, Faction Owned Planets, Faction Owned Ships). Most people won\'t be able to /search since that is an admin command, and having to write down every planet / station you own is a PITA.